Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

2018 attendance on par with 2017?

Surprised but not surprised. 

Not surprised because I knew last year's numbers were exaggerated but still surprised because even with the exaggerations by the previous ownership this year's crowded looked smaller by my own eyes every time I looked.

Also someone today told me we this year had the worst attendance since the 2004 Expos which is laughably bad, I wonder if that's true.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I sincerely dispute this claim and consider it patently false. I have been to just as many games last year as this year I can honestly say there were way more people in the stands last year than compared to the this year. Don't believe everything you read. 

4 minutes ago, sdg210 said:

I sincerely dispute this claim and consider it patently false. I have been to just as many games last year as this year I can honestly say there were way more people in the stands last year than compared to the this year. Don't believe everything you read. 

The eye-test fails man. We must rely on numbers provided to us and ignore what our eyes see. From stats to attendance.

The reported attendance last year was 1,651,997.  The reported attendance this year is about half that.  So we are supposed to believe that last year’s “real” attendance was half of what was reported?  I don’t buy that at all.  

11 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

The eye-test fails man. We must rely on numbers provided to us and ignore what our eyes see. From stats to attendance.

And when the numbers are "adjusted" to suit the point we should still trust them?!? Sorry, I'll pass. Numbers were higher. Also, consider the source. How does Joe goes from pariah on this site to trusted?

Edited by sdg210 (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, sdg210 said:

And when the numbers are "adjusted" to suit the point we should still trust them?!? Sorry, I'll pass. Numbers were higher. Also, consider the source. How does Joe goes from pariah on this site to trusted?

I guess I wasn't clear somehow in that reply, I was being facetious.

I don't believe these numbers, hence the "?" in the thread title.