Can anyone explain this card?

During 1993 to help promote the new expansion teams the then Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies Topps created a separate set featuring short printed inaugural cards. The Marlins version will have a gold circle emblem near the front bottom left corner while the Rockies version will have the gold circle emblem near the front bottom right corner. Ironically, Jeter would become owner for the Miami Marlins in 2017 causing the Marlins Topps inaugural card to go way up in value. Both cards are great long-term investments because both of these are short-printed to just a 10,000 print run.

https://cardboardpicasso.com/blog/derek-jeters-top-15-baseball-cards-of-alltime/

Only thing I can come up with is that it was a special edition topps pack that they released in 1993 to kinda celebrate/promote the marlins first season that was maybe even sold or given out at Joe Robbie and so the cards inside that pack were branded like that to associate them with the pack itself ??‍♂️

Only thing I can come up with is that it was a special edition topps pack that they released in 1993 to kinda celebrate/promote the marlins first season that was maybe even sold or given out at Joe Robbie and so the cards inside that pack were branded like that to associate them with the pack itself ??‍♂️

AFAIK you had to buy the whole set. My dad bought 3 back in the day at Joe Robbie.

I may have this set, I need to find my old cards.

Dude I somehow had you “ignored” so I couldn’t see your posts lol I couldn’t see you had already solved the riddle which is why I wrote what I wrote

• Like 1

Dude I somehow had you “ignored” so I couldn’t see your posts lol I couldn’t see you had already solved the riddle which is why I wrote what I wrote

Man, that's rude.

Oh wait I get it now. Every card in the entire set had the Marlins Inaugural season logo on it. And if you bought the Rockies version they all had the Rockies logo. I thought it was just a the prospect cards and some had a Marlins logo and some had a Rockies logo. The way I looked at it would mean that the card is saying that Jeter and others were drafted by the Marlins and other prospects drafted by the Rockies. With that said, finding any of these cards apart from the entire set can definitely lead to the same assumption I had so I still think this was a poorly done promotion.

• 2 weeks later...