• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

12 hours ago, Bazen said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/10/nl-notes-dodgers-roberts-mets-marlins-dietrich-nats-harper.html I know it’s not the elegy we all hoped for but this says it’s highly questionable that we tender Dietrich. 

Just seems stupid to me.  We barely have an offense and want to dump one of the people that do contribute something?

But we'll keep people who can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag?

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Just seems stupid to me.  We barely have an offense and want to dump one of the people that do contribute something?

But we'll keep people who can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag?

I assume to give more pt to their guys. I personally wanted to see him traded at trade deadline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazen said:

I assume to give more pt to their guys. I personally wanted to see him traded at trade deadline. 

I don't have a problem with trading him.  I have a problem with dumping him for nothing, just because.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I don't have a problem with trading him.  I have a problem with dumping him for nothing, just because Michael Hill

here now is complete 

I hope the new unis works the same way the Orioles and Blue jays did their upgrade in 2012 using the old elements and just upgrading them. Astros failed miserably 

Deets is a very valuable bench piece.  Plus he likes to rip his jersey off which is cool and all.

Dumb to just dump him for nothing at all. Whatevs.  But he wouldn't get anything of note either - particularly in the offseason. So I guess this will save them some $$ in the long term.  Maybe they can keep the lid closed and the AC on a few more game next year with the savings.

Jeter needs to spend tons of money this offseason.

Resign JT and get a couple other top FA's. 

No need to acquire 3 more 22-24 year old' s who cannot break .235 in any of their levels.

Jeter and Mike Hill will continue to get fleeced on trades because they simply not good at what they do. 

The only thing Jeter has going for him is his name, so use that in bring in players you know will be talented.

8 minutes ago, F***Jeter said:

Jeter needs to spend tons of money this offseason.

Resign JT and get a couple other top FA's. 

No need to acquire 3 more 22-24 year old' s who cannot break .235 in any of their levels.

Jeter and Mike Hill will continue to get fleeced on trades because they simply not good at what they do. 

The only thing Jeter has going for him is his name, so use that in bring in players you know will be talented.

Another optimistic one I see

Give me a single reason I should trust this front office?  Jeter couldn't manage PR his first year. 

Mike Hill is the worst GM in the sport 

All the guys in the Yelich trade are over 22 and struggling.

Jeter needs to write blanks checks and sign star power to compete here in Miami.

If he is worried about taking a loss well then he should have opened a steakhouse in NY and stayed away.

• Like 2

Who said Jeter is worried about taking a loss? If that was true he wouldn't have purchased a team that was already so far down the drain. 

With that said if you think the way to make this team good again is to go on a free agent spending spree then you obviously haven't paid attention to all the great Marlins free agent signings of the past. 

You'd clearly make a pretty horrible owner. Expensive teams don't always equal winning teams. 

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)