Sign in to follow this  
Silver Silver Bullet Mesa

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

The naming rights thing is so weird. 

I'm guessing it's not that nobody is interested, but it may be so low of a figure that's been offered that they don't want to do it and are holding out for a bigger number/nobody has bitten at the figure they're proposing?

The Marlins aren't exactly a big draw either.....but there are other events at the park too.

Nationals Park still doesn't have one either.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The Marlins aren't exactly a big draw either.

Not picking at you specifically but I've always hated this argument because I've heard it a time or two.

They may not be a big draw compared to other MLB teams but they're still a Major League Baseball team with 81 home games a year televised in cities throughout the nation and at times globally as well. They are still a major draw as far as advertising and promotions etc etc. Companies should be dying to have their names on an MLB ballpark. Just because they're the Miami Marlins let's not act like they're on the level of my son's little league team. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Not picking at you specifically but I've always hated this argument because I've heard it a time or two.

They may not be a big draw compared to other MLB teams but they're still a Major League Baseball team with 81 home games a year televised in cities throughout the nation and at times globally as well. They are still a major draw as far as advertising and promotions etc etc. Companies should be dying to have their names on an MLB ballpark. Just because they're the Miami Marlins let's not act like they're on the level of my son's little league team. 

Oh I know that.  My point was, they're not as big of a draw as other teams, meaning they might be more inclined to spend their dollars elsewhere.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:27 AM, rmc523 said:

I saw it there (the exterior one on the east side), but it was closed.

What would I have been looking for there?  So I know what to look for next time.

clearance stuff, if they're renovating the stadium I'm sure they want to renovate the store