Jump to content
  • Register for full access

    Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

The naming rights thing is so weird. 

I'm guessing it's not that nobody is interested, but it may be so low of a figure that's been offered that they don't want to do it and are holding out for a bigger number/nobody has bitten at the figure they're proposing?

The Marlins aren't exactly a big draw either.....but there are other events at the park too.

Nationals Park still doesn't have one either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The Marlins aren't exactly a big draw either.

Not picking at you specifically but I've always hated this argument because I've heard it a time or two.

They may not be a big draw compared to other MLB teams but they're still a Major League Baseball team with 81 home games a year televised in cities throughout the nation and at times globally as well. They are still a major draw as far as advertising and promotions etc etc. Companies should be dying to have their names on an MLB ballpark. Just because they're the Miami Marlins let's not act like they're on the level of my son's little league team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Not picking at you specifically but I've always hated this argument because I've heard it a time or two.

They may not be a big draw compared to other MLB teams but they're still a Major League Baseball team with 81 home games a year televised in cities throughout the nation and at times globally as well. They are still a major draw as far as advertising and promotions etc etc. Companies should be dying to have their names on an MLB ballpark. Just because they're the Miami Marlins let's not act like they're on the level of my son's little league team. 

Oh I know that.  My point was, they're not as big of a draw as other teams, meaning they might be more inclined to spend their dollars elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 9:27 AM, rmc523 said:

I saw it there (the exterior one on the east side), but it was closed.

What would I have been looking for there?  So I know what to look for next time.

clearance stuff, if they're renovating the stadium I'm sure they want to renovate the store 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bret Hart said:

How can we fill the 40-man roster?? Possible lots of NRI?

No. We have several top prospects already in the system who need to be added to the 40 man roster like Monte Harrison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 5:37 PM, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

The naming rights thing is so weird. 

I always thought Bacardi would get involved with a stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

I always thought Bacardi would get involved with a stadium

I assumed Loria didn't want a liquor company on the side of the building.

I think I read somewhere MLB doesn't allow hard liquor to be a naming sponsor, and for years wouldn't let alcohol be a sponsor period. That's why there was "Busch Stadium" and Budweiser eventually created Busch Beer AFTER the name was on the stadium. Eventually Busch Stadium II was the same idea. Busch III , the current one is a beer sponsorship. 

Same with Miller Park at first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 10:47 AM, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

Not picking at you specifically but I've always hated this argument because I've heard it a time or two.

They may not be a big draw compared to other MLB teams but they're still a Major League Baseball team with 81 home games a year televised in cities throughout the nation and at times globally as well. They are still a major draw as far as advertising and promotions etc etc. Companies should be dying to have their names on an MLB ballpark. Just because they're the Miami Marlins let's not act like they're on the level of my son's little league team. 

This, the name is repeats a thosand times a day by beat reporters, tv, replay shows, internet videos, recaps, and even betting sites.

The name may not matter much locally, but as far as brand awareness for a product... its huge.

The missed opportunity was the 2017 ASG, but by then the wheels were already turning to sell the team.

If we're gonna name the ballpark, I want a national brand. Bring on Bacardi Ballpark, or something similar. I don't want Micosukee or Publix on the side, reminds me of a minor league team....

 

oh wait. Fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

This, the name is repeats a thosand times a day by beat reporters, tv, replay shows, internet videos, recaps, and even betting sites.

The name may not matter much locally, but as far as brand awareness for a product... its huge.

The missed opportunity was the 2017 ASG, but by then the wheels were already turning to sell the team.

If we're gonna name the ballpark, I want a national brand. Bring on Bacardi Ballpark, or something similar. I don't want Micosukee or Publix on the side, reminds me of a minor league team....

 

oh wait. Fuck.

So no La Carreta stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  




×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.