Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

No one wants to put their name on this building for a good price, and instead of settling for a crappy 25 year deal, they decided to wait it out.

Unlike our TV Deal. They learned from that and held off.

Plus, I bet Loria liked the name Marlins Park.

So what’s a reasonable amount of time to wait it out?

17 years?

The team will need all of the money they can get to spend big money in Free Agency in 2021.  

3 hours ago, DTrain said:

The team will need all of the money they can get to spend big money in Free Agency in 2021.  

This is the only path to getting over .500 by 2021, but for incredible multiple breakouts.

Also the best free agent for the team (presuming Realmuto doesn't turn into a SS) is Xander next year. They may need to spend 1 year early (ala Werth) to get a guy that makes sense for the team, as 2021 is all pitching and not impact bats like Xander.

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Yeah I knew it was something bad like this but didn't know for sure. Definitely not the same as the Mariners being marketed to people living in Japan.

Japan compared to Cuba was just like the heaven compared to the hell…

Only posting this because it's such a good photoshop. Most jersey swap photoshops have something that tip you off to it being fake but this one could fool anyone visually...

Screenshot_20181223-024913_Instagram.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Only posting this because it's such a good photoshop. Most jersey swap photoshops have something that tip you off to it being fake but this one could fool anyone visually...

Screenshot_20181223-024913_Instagram.jpg

It's so sad, if it's with the "new" jersey then the chance we sign him would be zero, but with the "old" jersey then the chance would be negative number…

On 12/21/2018 at 7:42 AM, SonOfJack said:

I think at first Loria wanted to keep the team name there ala Yankee Stadium and then who knows, maybe they were asking for too much money.

Combination of:

1. Nobody gave a fuck

2. There was no 'money' to be made on putting your name on the joint

3. Loria wanted some stupid sum of money

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, Piazza31 said:

No one wants to put their name on this building for a good price, and instead of settling for a crappy 25 year deal, they decided to wait it out.

Unlike our TV Deal. They learned from that and held off.

Plus, I bet Loria liked the name Marlins Park.

The TV deal was a stupidly bad deal negotiated by Loria/Samson.  

But you cant really compare the TV deal with the Naming rights .  Marlins got kinda unlucky in terms of when their tv deals expired and then negotiated a really bad deal because they kinda sucked, they also had no leverage because they kept on generally putting out shitty products and not building a real fan base because you know, Loria was cheap as fuck and sucked as an owner.  I mean there are more consequences to being a cheap fuck than no fans in the stands and all.

its also why I kinda felt the smart play would have been to push your chips in last year and try to build a fan base up in anticipation of htat tv deal in what?  2020?