Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

10 hours ago, Bret Hart said:

Hey guys, it's early Marry Christmas from South Korea. 

I hope '19 Fish earns more wins than '18 Fish.

Whats the winning lottery numbers and who won the 4pm NFL games. Daddy has a gambling issue.

Merry Christmas ?

5 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

Daddy has a gambling issue.

You're his father? Why not just call him instead of asking on a website?

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You're his father? Why not just call him instead of asking on a website?

Complicated relationshit.... he caught daddy w mrs. claus.... and her sister.... and a few elves with nothing but cookie dough, metal spoons and lighters strewn throughout the room.

A mans got his vices.

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 10:55 PM, SilverBullet said:

Only posting this because it's such a good photoshop. Most jersey swap photoshops have something that tip you off to it being fake but this one could fool anyone visually...

Screenshot_20181223-024913_Instagram.jpg

And how about this ?

IMG_20181226_142718.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

And how about this ?

IMG_20181226_142718.jpg

Yeah that's another amazing one. Man JT looks shocked there lol. Photoshops like that are gonna confuse baseball fans in the future. They'll come across pics like this on the internet and assume they're real. 

• Laugh 1

With all of the JT trade talk, I haven't heard anything about moving Straily and Urena.  I think they both have 2 season's of control left.  I know Straily had a down year but 2 seasons of control should still get you more of a return than one year. 

I would look at the A's and see if they would Barreto and Armenteros for Urena.  Barrett is expendable with Profar there and the A's are desperate for starting pitching.

I would also check in with the Nats and see if a combination of Castro, Straily, or Steckenrider would be able to land us Kieboom.  Nats could use Castro at second and a back end starter.  

Even if we trade both Straily and Urena, we still have plenty of starting pitching options.  Trevor Richards, Pablo Lopez, Caleb Smith, Wei Yin Chen, Sandy Alcantra, Zac Gallen, and at some point Nick Neidert, Jordan Yamamoto, and Robert Dugger.   They can also sign a stop gap FA one a one year deal.  

We shouldn't just stop at JT.  Maybe they are working on other things but the only thing being talked about is JT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

Maybe they are working on other things but the only thing being talked about is JT.

They could be working on other things and probably are but JT is more public because of his agent publicly saying he wants out and because he's our most valuable trade piece. Gotta think about how many trade conversions happen between teams that never get out at all. 

On 12/26/2018 at 10:40 PM, SilverBullet said:

They could be working on other things and probably are but JT is more public because of his agent publicly saying he wants out and because he's our most valuable trade piece. Gotta think about how many trade conversions happen between teams that never get out at all. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're really open to moving Straily and others (esp. Straily) but I also think that they may be holding on to some of the other pieces in case those pieces are needed to complete a JT deal.