Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Maybe this team just don't want him.

It is possible they didn't try but I don't see why they wouldn't. Position of need and cheap, not to mention he loves Jeter. It would have been a perfect candidate.

Unless the Marlins don't need the position because Manny Machado is coming to town.  He followed a beauty salon in Miami on Instagram, that's confirmation these days right?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

So, Jeter doesn't love him…

Jeter loves cheap players and min salary is the cheapest. I have to think they tried for Tulo and he simply went with the contender. Tulo also may love the Yankees himself since he potentially  grew up a Yankee fan while watching his idol.

Among the reasons Tulowitzki wore No. 2 is because he was a fan of Derek Jeter. And general manager Brian Cashman has also liked Tulowitzki.

According to a Sports Illustrated story, Cashman had this exchange with Jeter during contentious contract negotiations in 2010:

“Who would you rather have playing shortstop this year than me?” Jeter asked Cashman.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Cashman said.

When Jeter told him to respond, Cashman mentioned Tulowitzki, who was with the Rockies.

“We’re not paying extra money for popularity,” Cashman said. “We’re paying for performance.”

Can't blame Tulo for chasing the ring, though he may have had a better chance at regular at-bats in Miami. If the Yanks sign Machado, he's going to become a utility player from the start.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

So sad, everybody wants to be a Yankee and nobody wants to be a Marlins even with the opportunity to play for their idol…