Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic hears that Manny Machado's agent, Dan Lozano, "is barely engaging clubs at the moment, seemingly taking his time and waiting for a team to jump.

Manny holding out hope.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, MarlinsLou said:

Riddle hit a solid .248/.304/.403 against RHP (overall .653, he can't hit lefties), had a .266 BABIP, and is fantastic defensively. There is real upside here if he upticks offensively a little bit. Even if it's just against RHP. That BABIP is encouraging.

They should let him play and not block him with a veteran. If he can get to a .700 OPS overall, he's probably a 2 WAR player with the defense. 

His mom would disagree with you.

22 hours ago, hovertical said:

His mom would disagree with you.

Huh? What's the origin of this?

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

How about signing Hunter Pence for a year as trade deadline bait?

I just read this at MLBTR:

Hunter Pence has received “several” offers from teams, the outfielder tells El Nuevo Diario’s Angel Luis Mercedes (hat tip to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle).  After a pair of down years, Pence is attempting to trigger a late-career rebound in his typical unique fashion, by attempting to overhaul his swing while playing in the Dominican Winter League.  Given Pence’s lack of success in 2017-18, Shea figures the veteran’s offers are of the minor league variety, as teams will give Pence a look in Spring Training to see if his new swing holds any promise.

Apparently he's worked on rebuilding his swing.  I'm for it on a minor deal or something and see if he works out in ST.   I don't just hand him a job hoping he rebounds.

I worry about his fielding, though, in our park.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

How about signing Hunter Pence for a year as trade deadline bait?

Just hope he's not dreaming to play for the Yankees since his childhood…

• Like 1