Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Let's hire him as our GM again !!!

I don't recall him being popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't recall him being popular.

Probably for the same reason we don't like Hill - Loria was above him directing (or outright making) moves.  That's why I thought he'd land another job somewhere - teams would see through the Loria affect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I worry about his fielding, though, in our park.

I think if he could survive AT&T Park in right field, he'll be perfectly fine here. Sure it's a large area but the wall plays pretty true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd toss Pence a one year deal for the vet minimum if all he really is getting is minor league offers.  That along with the chance for regular ABs could make him choose Miami over other options. Even if he sucks, we can always cut him and no big loss. There is potential for a reward if he performs decently though, at min salary he'd be an easy trade in July. It isn't like wins and losses matter in 2019 and it isn't like we have many other OF options. These are the type of guys they should be signing. I wouldn't mind LoMo on a one-year deal for the same reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I'd toss Pence a one year deal for the vet minimum if all he really is getting is minor league offers.  That along with the chance for regular ABs could make him choose Miami over other options. Even if he sucks, we can always cut him and no big loss. There is potential for a reward if he performs decently though, at min salary he'd be an easy trade in July. It isn't like wins and losses matter in 2019 and it isn't like we have many other OF options. These are the type of guys they should be signing. I wouldn't mind LoMo on a one-year deal for the same reason.

Go for it.

Knowing us, we'll give him a 2 year deal plus a 3rd option for Prado money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Go for it.

Look man I know some people joked about me being jeter but seriously I’m not jeter. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I'd toss Pence a one year deal for the vet minimum if all he really is getting is minor league offers.  That along with the chance for regular ABs could make him choose Miami over other options. Even if he sucks, we can always cut him and no big loss. There is potential for a reward if he performs decently though, at min salary he'd be an easy trade in July. It isn't like wins and losses matter in 2019 and it isn't like we have many other OF options. These are the type of guys they should be signing. I wouldn't mind LoMo on a one-year deal for the same reason.

if the Rangers are offering the same he'll choose Texas.

bringing LoMo back sounds like a perfect fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, el_gmac said:

if the Rangers are offering the same he'll choose Texas.

Yeah that's why I said if other teams are offering only minor league deals, we can probably get him by giving 1 guaranteed year at min salary. If other teams offer that, then our odds go much lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Look man I know some people joked about me being jeter but seriously I’m not jeter. 

so i can toss out this ball you signed for me?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...