Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2018-2019 Off-Season Thread

22 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

so when do we finally get a stadium name anyway?

Whenever you file the name change paperwork with the appropriate government office. What are you going for — Busch, Joe Robbie, Yankee?

• Like 1

Why are the Marlins removing seats? 37,000 is pretty small as it is. I know we don’t draw that, but that makes no sense. Also, I have an idea. So if they remove the Home Run thing, can they put seats there in addition to more standing room? That would be dope. 

1 hour ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Why are the Marlins removing seats? 37,000 is pretty small as it is. I know we don’t draw that, but that makes no sense. Also, I have an idea. So if they remove the Home Run thing, can they put seats there in addition to more standing room? That would be dope. 

The Rays have brought capacity at the Trop down to like 31,000 and the place almost never comes close to filling completely, even for all the games they have against the Red Sox and Yankees. People just don't come out to games like they used to, and standing room/party decks/bars seem to be the new wave of stadium design in lieu of seating capacity. 30,000 would honestly be a fine figure for Marlins Park.

2 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Whenever you file the name change paperwork with the appropriate government office. What are you going for — Busch, Joe Robbie, Yankee?

Peter Gammons Park

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrchainsaw said:

The Rays have brought capacity at the Trop down to like 31,000 and the place almost never comes close to filling completely, even for all the games they have against the Red Sox and Yankees. People just don't come out to games like they used to, and standing room/party decks/bars seem to be the new wave of stadium design in lieu of seating capacity. 30,000 would honestly be a fine figure for Marlins Park.

I think it's really difficult to fill up a 10,000 seats ballpark in the Miami and St. Petersburg now…

11 hours ago, el_gmac said:

@rmc523 good stuff man, did u check the team store by any chance? 

I saw it there (the exterior one on the east side), but it was closed.

What would I have been looking for there?  So I know what to look for next time.

9 hours ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Seating capacity has always been 36,000, with 1,000 SRO for a total of 37,000.

From what Chip Bowers said, the plan (if/when they move the home run thing) is to put a tiered SRO area, no new seats.

My thought is that it'll be a combo of counter height "bars" similar to the counters at the top of each section - where you stand there and have a counter to put your food and drinks at - and something like what is below the Budweiser bar, which has freestanding (movable) barstools that you can also sit at, but they're not built in, meaning you could pack more in if needed.  Just a guess, though.

---

As for removing the seats in the other section (I should've taken a picture), I'm not sure what they'll be doing there.  It's likely a similar type SRO section.  Or, for that matter, perhaps that indicates the sculpture will stay for now, and they're making that area the new SRO section (i.e. they wanted it somewhere, and this became the place to put it without moving the sculpture)?

10 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

so when do we finally get a stadium name anyway?

I still like the Publix Park idea...