Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Just now, SilverBullet said:

What's the name of the guy the Blue Jays drafted? For some reason MLB Network is only mentioning what type of car he drives. 

Mastin Aurtin

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Chill. Let this play out over the next couple years. This isn't like the NFL, none of these guys would have immediately been up and helping the big league team.

"Travesty" is such a silly exaggeration here.

Lol you’re right. I’m just being overly reactionary. Still extremely frustrated though. Hopefully I’m wrong and our scouting department knows what they are doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

It seems like, WORST case scenario, he becomes a Craig Kimbrel type for us, given he was in the bullpen in his freshman year.

Best case, another ace!

I just hope the Marlins get the max out of Meyer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

Lol you’re right. I’m just being overly reactionary. Still extremely frustrated though. Hopefully I’m wrong and our scouting department knows what they are doing. 

For the record, I'm very surprised too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GuitarPik said:

Lol you’re right. I’m just being overly reactionary. Still extremely frustrated though. Hopefully I’m wrong and our scouting department knows what they are doing. 

That's OK - it's fair to be skeptical after all these years of basically nothing and patience has worn thin for many fans. I'm trusting the scouting department for now - they've still got two and a half more years on my clock (I'll probably extend that a little due to the complications of this year). If I don't see what I like after five years in terms of the big league club's success, then I'll really start to criticize them.

Let's give them some time. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add to this with the fact that, where did we get Jose Fernandez, or Yelich, or Stanton? Elite players don't necessarily come from the top rated prospects before the draft.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Man said:

I'll add to this with the fact that, where did we get Jose Fernandez, or Yelich, or Stanton? Elite players don't necessarily come from the top rated prospects before the draft.

Or a guy like Mike Piazza who was drafted in the 62nd round as a favor to Tommy Lasorda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's OK - it's fair to be skeptical after all these years of basically nothing and patience has worn thin for many fans. I'm trusting the scouting department for now - they've still got two and a half more years on my clock (I'll probably extend that a little due to the complications of this year). If I don't see what I like after five years in terms of the big league club's success, then I'll really start to criticize them.

Let's give them some time. :)

Curious, are these the same guys that drafted Kolek and Garret?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GuitarPik said:

Curious, are these the same guys that drafted Kolek and Garret?

Not the same scouting department, I believe. Hill was still there of course, but Svilhik is part of the Jeter hires.

Garrett was a good pick still, I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

Curious, are these the same guys that drafted Kolek and Garret?

Most of that group was replaced after the last draft. This year is the first of the newer scouting department. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Most of that group was replaced after the last draft. This year is the first of the newer scouting department. 

Well, I guess I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Nobody answered my question about the caps, how come every draft pick has the right cap readily available? Do they get a shipment of 30 caps? 

NFL sent every hat to the players they had on camera, MLB may have done the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...