Tried to be a little reserved. I know it's a long way to go. But I'm excited for this pick.

This rebuild is coming along nicely. Meyers may have the best arm in the draft. That's not bad to pick up at all.

I like how he's more of an athletic type, it's seems it would be less reliance on just his arm. It's more about his whole body into the throw, from a totally amateur perspective. Potential to become that top of the line ace, innings eater.

• Like 1

If available I hope we draft Jared Kelley at 40. High school kid. 34 of his 36 outs this year were strikeouts. No hits allowed. Junior year he had a 19.9 K/9 (144 K/65 innings).

+++ Fastball

+ Change-up

Improving slider.

Signability questions around him but if we can convince him like we did Fitterer last year ...

17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

MLB's Miami Marlins make major pick with Minnesota's Max Meyer says Mish 

MLB's Miami Marlins Make Major Mistake -- Miss Me with Minnesota's Max Meyer, Muses Mish

• Like 2

Our second round pick - he's 6'6, a lefty out of high school, and had TJ surgery in September. I guess they said if not for the surgery he might have went top 10/15? That's all I know.

Lots of pitchers early.  This third one looks like he has good speed but could be a bit inconsistent with his delivery, so not very polished. Will take some time in the minors and hopefully get his fundamentals fixed