Sign in to follow this  
Bazen

Barraclough traded to Nats for international pool money

if there is a handshake deal in place, then there is a number we HAVE to reach to get the deal done.

9 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

if there is a handshake deal in place, then there is a number we HAVE to reach to get the deal done.

Didn’t Victor Mesa Sr. say “all things being equal, Miami is the best environment for my sons”? I would imagine the $ number is equal to whatever Baltimore can offer. After this trade, I’d imagine Miami is close. 

Edited by CWB3 (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If we don't get the Mesas can we return the money and get Barraclough back?

They can keep him.  Regardless of the expiration date on the money 

I don't really know anything about the Mesas. What are their comparables or ceiling?

The wording said it's for international slot value, not just money, I wonder if that means they get the entire allotment of the Nats money? Just curious because that might actually help them exceed the Orioles amount and then it's not even close after that.

As for Barraclough it's weird to think we're "only" trading him for money but if we get the trio it's worth it. If we don't then its gonna be very weird which is why I made my earlier joke post. 

Lastly, I love the aggressive push by the team here. Feels very different from Loria and Co. It's almost putting to shame the Orioles and any other interested teams. It's looking like Miami is the only team really serious about getting these guys and doing whatever it takes to get it done. Like they're not even gonna give the other teams a chance to win this battle. 

Just now, gizmo said:

I don't really know anything about the Mesas. What are their comparables or ceiling?

Their comparable is Sidd Finch.  Their ceiling is Mike Trout. Their floor is John Buck