Fans may be allowed into Marlins Park next month

Even as a Marlins fan, I fully admit they literally would not need to change a thing regarding seating.  Just tell everyone not in a group that you have to be a row apart up and down, and 2 seats side to side and that's it.

So realistically, they could just sell tickets to every other row, and only from the ends in with group sales only (meaning if you buy 5 tickets, you get the end seat plus 4 seats in) so you're not having to scoot by people in the seats.

Or it could be Row 1 has outer seats on each end of the row (up to say 7 deep), row 2 has 7 available in the middle of the row, Row 3 follows row 1 and alternate like that.

Opening the upper deck is also an easy solution for the Marlins. Take that relatively small number of fans attending and spread them out even further. Tbh there will be less fans than usual if they even do this. I for one will not go to a game this season under any circumstances because of the family I have at home so I'm sure there's plenty of people like this. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Opening the upper deck is also an easy solution for the Marlins. Take that relatively small number of fans attending and spread them out even further. Tbh there will be less fans than usual if they even do this. I for one will not go to a game this season under any circumstances because of the family I have at home so I'm sure there's plenty of people like this. 

Eh, if you're sitting far enough apart, I don't see why it's a big deal.  But I realize everyone's situation is unique.

35 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Eh, if you're sitting far enough apart, I don't see why it's a big deal.  But I realize everyone's situation is unique.

You can't trust people to police themselves, that's been pretty obvious.

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It's a couple of things, I'm comfortable in me and my own actions to protect myself but I can't trust the moron who accidentally gets too close to me in the concession line and coughs on my back and secondly it's a personal comfort knowing I put my family at less risk by not going to a ball game or doing other unnecessary things. I don't really care too much about myself but I have a baby of less than a year old and my elderly in laws in my house often as they help take care of the baby so it's more about not putting them at risk. I'm not trying to make my story a big deal I'm just saying there are countless people who have similar situations who would rather choose to not attend an entertainment event in 2020 just as a precaution. 

Not you buddy but in general I can't believe how many morons I see taking this thing so lightly. 

55 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It's a couple of things, I'm comfortable in me and my own actions to protect myself but I can't trust the moron who accidentally gets too close to me in the concession line and coughs on my back and secondly it's a personal comfort knowing I put my family at less risk by not going to a ball game or doing other unnecessary things. I don't really care too much about myself but I have a baby of less than a year old and my elderly in laws in my house often as they help take care of the baby so it's more about not putting them at risk. I'm not trying to make my story a big deal I'm just saying there are countless people who have similar situations who would rather choose to not attend an entertainment event in 2020 just as a precaution. 

Not you buddy but in general I can't believe how many morons I see taking this thing so lightly. 

I didn't mean to downplay it, and like I said, everyone's scenario is different - I totally get why you don't want to put yourself in that spot with the factors around you at home.

15 minutes ago, Iowa said:

OMFG if I have to hear the same lame joke about the corona and Marlins attendance one more time I may lose my mind

Yep saw the same line like it was from robots on twitter the other day 100 times easy.

25 minutes ago, Iowa said:

OMFG if I have to hear the same lame joke about the corona and Marlins attendance one more time I may lose my mind

The Marlins won't have to change anything, they only had like 16 people in the stands at a game before corona.

Just now, rmc523 said:

The Marlins won't have to change anything, they only had like 16 people in the stands at a game before corona.

This is the stuff I come here for.