Fans may be allowed into Marlins Park next month

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

The Marlins won't have to change anything, they only had like 16 people in the stands at a game before corona.

Yeah, but all of us from MB.com always liked to sit next to each other and cuddle. Now, this is off limits¬†ūüė≠

4 minutes ago, Mr. Man said:

Oh man. People are really going to go in on Marlins attendance jokes. Even more than before, which was a lot.

Talk about low hanging fruit though. 

Alright, so, I have a thought about this whole thing.

The owner's kept saying, "we can't pay you full pro-rated for X amount of games because we won't have fans in attendance."

Eventually it got to the point where we are now with the mandated season, 60 games pro-rated. OK, fine.

What happens if they start allowing fans in to games after all that? Do the players get a piece of the revenue from that now, so they make more than full pro-rated? Is it staying pro-rated as is, no change? If so, does that add to the player's grievance claim?

The owners should really not try and get fans in this season, at all, unless players will get some bonus out of it.

32 minutes ago, Michael said:

Alright, so, I have a thought about this whole thing.

The owner's kept saying, "we can't pay you full pro-rated for X amount of games because we won't have fans in attendance."

Eventually it got to the point where we are now with the mandated season, 60 games pro-rated. OK, fine.

What happens if they start allowing fans in to games after all that? Do the players get a piece of the revenue from that now, so they make more than full pro-rated? Is it staying pro-rated as is, no change? If so, does that add to the player's grievance claim?

The owners should really not try and get fans in this season, at all, unless players will get some bonus out of it.

As far as I understand, it'd work like normal where the players don't get anything should there be fans.  The players could have gotten a bigger portion of playoff revenue and more with expanded playoffs, but refused to OK the deal.  Apparently they already get a portion of postseason gate revenue, but were looking to get a larger portion, so since a deal wasn't reached, all they'll get is their traditional portion of postseason gate revenue should there be fans.  They're after the fact trying to get MLB to do expanded playoffs, which is laughable - should've just taken the deal.

They are getting full prorated salaries for the 60 games.

BUT by not agreeing to the deal (in which both sides would have forgone the right to file for a grievance), they do hold the right to file a grievance (probably the only reason they didn't OK the deal), so I think it's likely we'll see one filed.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

As far as I understand, it'd work like normal where the players don't get anything should there be fans.  The players could have gotten a bigger portion of playoff revenue and more with expanded playoffs, but refused to OK the deal.  Apparently they already get a portion of postseason gate revenue, but were looking to get a larger portion, so since a deal wasn't reached, all they'll get is their traditional portion of postseason gate revenue should there be fans.  They're after the fact trying to get MLB to do expanded playoffs, which is laughable - should've just taken the deal.

They are getting full prorated salaries for the 60 games.

BUT by not agreeing to the deal (in which both sides would have forgone the right to file for a grievance), they do hold the right to file a grievance (probably the only reason they didn't OK the deal), so I think it's likely we'll see one filed.

I suppose it makes sense. The full pro-rated IS under the idea of fans being in attendance, so a few fans won't hurt I guess.

I believe we'll see that grievance as well, yes.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, rmc523 said:

The Marlins won't have to change anything, they only had like 16 people in the stands at a game before corona.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH