Sign in to follow this  
Bazen

New Logo Coming

Ok, so I only had time to do part of my "assignment".

I constructed the logo in Illustrator from the two images we've seen (the one on the Spring training ticket and the cap picture)

I then put them over 4 different backgrounds.  the Salmon and blue backgrounds do need a black outline to keep the drop shadow of those two colors from being washed out

OOs1XOq.png

I then took those variations and created caps of them:

Gyi0jDA.jpg

Tomorrow I'll work on the "MIAMI" and "MARLINS" script to put on some uniforms.  Hope you all enjoy this step.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Ok, so I only had time to do part of my "assignment".

I constructed the logo in Illustrator from the two images we've seen (the one on the Spring training ticket and the cap picture)

I then put them over 4 different backgrounds.  the Salmon and blue backgrounds do need a black outline to keep the drop shadow of those two colors from being washed out

OOs1XOq.png

I then took those variations and created caps of them:

Gyi0jDA.jpg

Tomorrow I'll work on the "MIAMI" and "MARLINS" script to put on some uniforms.  Hope you all enjoy this step.

I'm actually liking these a lot with the backgrounds, but not so much on the hats. Nice job. Looking forward to seeing them with the script.

22 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

I'm actually liking these a lot with the backgrounds, but not so much on the hats. Nice job. Looking forward to seeing them with the script.

Something to keep in mind with the hats - I did my best to make the logo look real on their stretching and skewing it a bit to create perspective, so I may have gotten that a bit off, which would affect the look.  Also, I think I made the salmon hat a bit too red.

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Hope you all enjoy this step.

Love it. I stole the top pics to make my wallpaper! 

Do you mind if I post these on the sportslogos forum? I've been sharing some thoughts with them as well as far as the aesthetics and they'd love your renders there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

I stole the top pics to make my wallpaper! 

You must have a really small home.

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

Listen man, hate to do this to you but you're fired. 

Really proud of you that you didn't make Samson announce this.

• Like 2