• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Home Run Sculpture is going bye bye

Wait wait so Derek Jeter is offering to pay $2.5 MILLION to the county if Red Grooms disown the sculpture..??? He's basically offering to buy it for himself if he has to! 

But I was told Derek Jeter was a cheap bastard who is only interested in cutting costs to line his pockets with profits! 

Keep telling yourselves that Jeter is just as bad as the previous owner. It's laughable at this point. 

Edited by Silver Silver Bullet Mesa (see edit history)
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, gizmo said:

Team also to change their name to "Florida Marlins"

You fucking liar.

3 minutes ago, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

Wait wait so Derek Jeter is offering to pay $2.5 MILLION to the county if Red Grooms disown the sculpture..??? He's basically offering to buy it for himself if he has to! 

But I was told Derek Jeter was a cheap bastard who is only interested in cutting costs to line his pockets with profits! 

"Marlins promised to pay Miami-Dade up to $2.5 million if Grooms opts to take his name "  I doubt for an instant that Jeter is paying much of anything personally or out of his pocket share and if he is paying his 5% share, not a big outlay for him.  But, everytime he does something that spends some money does not mean it proves he is not doing other things purely for the bottom line.  There has been plenty to satisfy both sides of the argument.  I just think that we are past his motives at this point and wait to see if his management ability gets us a winner.  One could argue, keep the damn thing and be smart and use the $2.5 million for a decent player or two.  If his goal is to build a winner, then use the money wisely.  Oh yea, forgot, this new guy needs to space to sell tickets for people who want to look out the windows at the skyline instead of watching baseball.

Ho. Ly. Shit. Now we got people defending the sculpture!

Look at this shit...

Screenshot_20181016-174747_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181016-174827_Chrome.jpg

So they'd rather have an owner who knows art but who sucks at running a baseball team instead of an owner who is more interested in creating a winning baseball team than commissioning art pieces? 

Yeah maybe Loria knew art better but what does that have to do with running a baseball team? I didn't hate the sculpture but if the current owner of this team doesn't think it fits in with the new branding of this organization then let him remove it.

Edited by Silver Silver Bullet Mesa (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just now, Silver Silver Bullet Mesa said:

I never said Jeter was paying that price out of his own pockets.

I doubt anyone has 2.5 million in their pockets, unless its crypto

I really didn't mind the home run sculpture. However, it will still be outside and apparently will light up when they hit a home run and when they win.