• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Vasco Pinto

How does the Fan Base feel On the Christian Yelich

I have been an on and off Marlins fans. 

I have one question. How do you guys see the Christian Yelich trade ?

A good move because we got better value overall or B

A bad move because we could've build around a future MVP candidate 

Edited by Vasco Pinto (see edit history)

Apparently he didn't want to be here, which this past season the same could be said about me, the return for Yelich was fair and infused the Marlins system with prospects so it worked on that level, but when all is said and done I would much rather have had him still in the organization.

• Like 1

I think every single one of us would prefer Yelich was on the team. That being said, it is unfair to judge the return since it was a trade for prospects. It may work out to be a bad deal like the Miggy one was but we have to wait and see.

We had to strike while the iron was hot, if he went into the season with a sour attitude and performed badly we would've gotten less. It's definitely unfortunate but that's how some trades are, think of the David Phelps trade. He got Tommy John not long after I think and we got Pablo Lopez. It wouldn't sting as bad if maybe a certain rookie centerfielder did better lol but its okay.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, SonOfJack said:

I think every single one of us would prefer Yelich was on the team. That being said, it is unfair to judge the return since it was a trade for prospects. It may work out to be a bad deal like the Miggy one was but we have to wait and see.

how long we have to wait?