Opening Day Postponed

3 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

What does a DH have to do with any of this? I havent been following. And why are they making changes to 2021? And why does anyone think a man on 2nd in extras is a good idea? And where's Carter Capps?

The DH is just a negotiation tactic that the players union would like because it creates and extra roster spot therefore another job on the major league teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I wanted no DH but I gave up on that dream awhile ago. It was coming in new CBA anyway so now it is just an early start to it.

Not that this would happen but isn't a DH sorta kinda optional anyways? I know there's a rule or a way that a manager can substitute their DH in the lineup and it results in the pitcher having to bat for the remainder of the game. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Not that this would happen but isn't a DH sorta kinda optional anyways? I know there's a rule or a way that a manager can substitute their DH in the lineup and it results in the pitcher having to bat for the remainder of the game. 

Yep it is optional

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I understand why they are doing this, but I still dislike it. I think it is an ok idea if say the game reaches the 15th inning. But innings 10-14 should be regular old rules.

I agree with this.

2 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

What does a DH have to do with any of this? I havent been following. And why are they making changes to 2021? And why does anyone think a man on 2nd in extras is a good idea? And where's Carter Capps?

A bone for the union.

As for 2021 - fears of covid extending into that season.

• Like 1