MLBTR had a report where the guy suggested doing full prorated up to 50 games, and then split revenues for any games beyond that.

There are options there, but neither side is even willing to consider it.

I wasn't ever able to find the full text of the 12-page March agreement.

MLB won't proceed with a season unless the MLBPA signs waivers against any legal claims against the league.

See you guys in ...

Shit I don't think 2021 will happen. Maybe not even 2022. Major League Baseball might be done.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Major League Baseball might be done

I want to call this an exaggeration but realistically, you may be right. At least in terms of what it was. They are managing to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I just saw Trevor Bauer used that goose line before me.

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I want to call this an exaggeration but realistically, you may be right. At least in terms of what it was. They are managing to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I may be exaggerating slightly. It has always survived somehow. I just don't see a magical home run race that will save it this time. The only thing that can help edge towards redeeming the sport and the league would be the immediate dismissal of Manfred.

(sigh)

And to think what is stopping our rebuild isn't bad trades, isn't bad development, isn't bad drafting, isn't the ownership (all of which, FOR ONCE) ... it's fucking greed, and a virus. It's essentially two viruses, really.

Major League Baseball - America's Pastime for the Last Time.

I am one of the biggest baseball fans I know and even I'm becoming indifferent to a 2020 season at this point. If I'm losing interest, imagine casual fans.

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am one of the biggest baseball fans I know and even I'm becoming indifferent to a 2020 season at this point. If I'm losing interest, imagine casual fans.

I'm in the same boat. It's so disheartening.

"But it's the players' fault, you guys!"

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Those of us who were big baseball fans during the 1994 strike remember it well. MLB didn't recover so quickly. This could end up worse.

I was only three when that happened and literally hadn't heard of baseball until the Marlins were in the World Series (when I was 6). The next I remember of it was the 1998 home run chase. After that I basically knew one baseball name - Mike Piazza. Until 2003.

This game has been a huge part of my life for close to 20 years now. I know it's been that for longer for some of us here, yours included since you mention the 94 strike being remembered well.

I'm truly not certain what to say at this point. It's a lost season. I'd rather they have just said in March, "hey we're realistically not going to be able to play based on projections of this virus but if things change we'll start talking." Again keeping all this behind closed doors would have been best for the league. They'd have reached a deal. But no, one side had to leak and it became a pissing match.