They can't extend the season that much either because the players still need an offseason to prepare for 2021 so you can't shorten that too much. They should aim to salvage as much as they can of 2020 but at the same time they have to focus on making 2021 as normal as possible.

Why cut the draft? How does this situation affect the number of players drafted at all?

AP said they were thinking of canceling draft to conserve cash due to decreased revenue, so I guess this is a compromise but with the same reasoning.

and scares me about cancellation talks :cry:, I know it has to be discussed, but just the thought alone hurts.

We gotta believe that's the last possible outcome. Nobody would want that. It would take a lot to get to that.

So cutting the draft in half would be done to save owners $$$? I’m a little confused on that part.

That's what it sounds like. Drafting less people means putting less money into signing the picks.

Manfred now optimistic about starting back in May which would make June Opening day which sounds great considering my mind was already thinking

Link?

[MEDIA=twitter]1243020360271966208[/MEDIA]

That’s VERY close to my first First and last name so I thought you were blaming me (Alex Cerra)

And now we know who you are.

AH HA HA HA!

... Not sure what good that info will do for us honestly.