I actually think the one year with less games is the worst year to add more playoff teams. Whoever wins the World Series this year is already gonna forever get the "well that season had less games" shtick and I only think that's fair if everything else is fair and equal. But imagine if the 12th best team actually wins the world series that would be even worse.

I actually think the one year with less games is the worst year to add more playoff teams. Whoever wins the World Series this year is already gonna forever get the "well that season had less games" shtick and I only think that's fair if everything else is fair and equal. But imagine if the 12th best team actually wins the world series that would be even worse.

Now I hate it too.

Well, I think the idea of an expanded playoff is to "account for" the rise/downfall teams often experience toward the end of the season. The juggernaut that falls apart, the team treading water getting hot, etc. By expanding the playoffs this year only, I think the thought is that you'll make up for the lack of games for that to happen by putting them in the playoffs. Not saying it's right, but the season is already messed up to begin with.

Well, I think the idea of an expanded playoff is to "account for" the rise/downfall teams often experience toward the end of the season. The juggernaut that falls apart, the team treading water getting hot, etc. By expanding the playoffs this year only, I think the thought is that you'll make up for the lack of games for that to happen by putting them in the playoffs. Not saying it's right, but the season is already messed up to begin with.

There's no need to make up for a lack of games because even in a shorter season every team will have played the same number of games so it would still be fair across the board. The season isn't exactly messed up, it's just shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

[MEDIA=twitter]1243344543912787968[/MEDIA]

this is only reason I would like the season to be cancelled , seeing those butthurts dodgers getting burned again

this is only reason I would like the season to be cancelled , seeing those butthurts dodgers getting burned again

But then we don’t get to see if the Astros earned their wins or if they’d end up being mediocre without the cheating!

I will be angry if more sports league take from a limited pool of available tests and medical staff to make money. Don’t get me wrong — I’d love to see games. But we’re all sacrificing, and this kind of profiteering makes me sick. And the support of federal health officials doesn’t mean shit to me if they’re under Dump’s thumb.

• Like 1

What money is really going to be made though if they have no crowds. Advertising money would be it really along with merchandise but that’s a year round thing . Don’t know how much that would stack up. I don’t know the breakdowns in revenue. I wonder if people who have already paid the mlb.tv seasons will see anything back?

If you were a Dodger or a Dodgers fan you’d be justifiably “butthurt”

What money is really going to be made though if they have no crowds

With no original programming on TV and potentially no other sports there would likely be more national games so that'd be some revenue.

• Like 1

i heard about plan but i not sure plan will work how their play that many game in phoenix or play like tourney

Spring Training complexes. They're not all going to play at the Diamondbacks' ballpark.

What money is really going to be made though if they have no crowds. Advertising money would be it really along with merchandise but that’s a year round thing . Don’t know how much that would stack up. I don’t know the breakdowns in revenue. I wonder if people who have already paid the mlb.tv seasons will see anything back?

If they’re looking into it, I’m sure they see money to be made.

I think people are so hungry for sports that there potentially would be huge viewership and tons of advertising revenue.