• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Will_To_Live_

If traded, what prospect or package of players would you want for J.T.?

This has to be at least a semi-realistic package though, no Vlad Jr type of stupidity, I feel a package around Victor Robles or Forrest Whitley would be a realistic dream scenario. My ideal trade would be J.T. Realmuto/One of our controllable relievers/and maybe one of our under-developed OF prospects to the Nationals for OF Victor Robles and Carter Kieboom. This is a perfect trade for us infusing the num2 OF prospect in all the land and a top 6 SS  in Carter Kieboom. Even if they asked for a bit more I'd do it, I honestly feel J.T. and his contract wouldn't align with our rebuild properly. A deal around Forrest Whitley as well would be superb but I don't know as much about the Astros and their needs like the Nationals.

Shoot any of your ideas here

I think you can absolutely hold out for a teams best prospect when it comes to JT. He's athletic enough where he can stay behind the plate for a while and rest some at 1B- I'm sure he can play 3B in a pinch and he's somewhat affordable as far as resigning.

If a team can get him resigned, and I'd make that the nessesity on any deal- I'd push for Vladdy Jr and similar players.

Potential isn't the same as projected. JT is projected to remain a great catcher in terms of CS, CERA and defense. He's got pop and can hit / steal.

Theres only 4 or 5 great catchers and a dozen failed prospects every year.

Shoot for Vladdy types, settle for others if they can't resign him.

You have to acquire multiple "can't miss" guys and hope they don't end up like Maybin and Miller did.

That being said, I really hope he signs long-term.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will_To_Live_ said:

This has to be at least a semi-realistic package though, no Vlad Jr type of stupidity, I feel a package around Victor Robles or Forrest Whitley would be a realistic dream scenario. My ideal trade would be J.T. Realmuto/One of our controllable relievers/and maybe one of our under-developed OF prospects to the Nationals for OF Victor Robles and Carter Kieboom. This is a perfect trade for us infusing the num2 OF prospect in all the land and a top 6 SS  in Carter Kieboom. Even if they asked for a bit more I'd do it, I honestly feel J.T. and his contract wouldn't align with our rebuild properly. A deal around Forrest Whitley as well would be superb but I don't know as much about the Astros and their needs like the Nationals.

Shoot any of your ideas here

Well that first line immediately ended my contribution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

HE WOULD SIGN THE EXTENSION CONTRACT,BELIEVE ME.

Calm down, I believe you.

• Like 1

Astros: P Forrest Whitley or OF Kyle Tucker, 1B Yordan Alvarez (Cuban), SP Cionel Perez (Cuban)

Braves: P Mike Soroka, P Touki Toussaint (local kid), C William Contreras

Rays: SS Wander Franco, 1B/P Brendan McKay, C Ronaldo Hernandez

Dont think the A’s would part with Luzardo, but he looks damn good. Robles seems too much like a Mike Hill, which scares me. None of the other teams in need of a C seem have the top tier prospects that excite me. 

• Like 1