MLB to resume 2020 season in July

Admin

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I heard that the expanded playoffs was rejected by the players. Why? I know why owners would want expanded playoffs but my first thought would be that players would want it too so why would they say no to that? 

It makes ZERO sense - it'd have been expanded playoffs AND they'd have gotten a share of the revenue from those extra playoff games.  Just stupid.

Kinda refreshing my memory on the team and the roster today and damn I almost forgot how improved we looked heading into 2020... I think most people are gonna assume this is the same shitty Marlins team of the last few seasons but this could be a surprisingly fun team to watch at the very least. This awkward way of the 2020 season creeping up on people might really surprise whoever watches the Marlins. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Kinda refreshing my memory on the team and the roster today and damn I almost forgot how improved we looked heading into 2020... I think most people are gonna assume this is the same shitty Marlins team of the last few seasons but this could be a surprisingly fun team to watch at the very least. This awkward way of the 2020 season creeping up on people might really surprise whoever watches the Marlins. 

Saw the marlinsbaseball IG post and totally forgot we had Matt Joyce. Definitely excited to see what him, Aguilar, Dickerson, and Villar can do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I can see it now....

Mike Hill:  Hey Alex, want our teams to play tomorrow?

Alex Anthopolous:  Nah

Mike Hill:  Oh....ok.......bye then. *click* 

Hill calls back. "You know our CEO is Derek Jeter now, right?"

AA: "Oh, shit. I'm sorry, m'lord. Please don't report me to the authorities. I can't have me knickerbockers taken. Bowl of soup upon arrival? Only the best for the King, gov'nah. That's 'bout roight, innit? Hang on a tick. (Background) OI! I'M USIN' ME TELECOMMUNICATION DEVOICE! POIPE DOWN! (Back to call) Soary aboot that."

Hill: "... the fuck is wrong with you?" *click*

• Like 1

Ok, so....

If they finish near the top of the standings, I'll be happy. But at the same time, if they don't finish high in the standings I won't be too upset. It's such an odd season. I'll take it as a sort of mulligan. And I'll just look at it as one more top draft pick.

JMO.

17 hours ago, Mr. Man said:

Ok, so....

If they finish near the top of the standings, I'll be happy. But at the same time, if they don't finish high in the standings I won't be too upset. It's such an odd season. I'll take it as a sort of mulligan. And I'll just look at it as one more top draft pick.

JMO.

Yeah this season is pretty pointless in terms of team record. So I’m caught between id love a first overall pick next year (was gonna be highly unlikely regardless) and wanting the new crop to show up and dominate 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, canada-marlin24 said:

This is going to be the worst and more boring set of games in the history of baseball. 

how so? 

These 60 games are going to be all about strategy. 6 man rotations, starters coming in as relievers, universal DH (more offense), expanded rosters (potential for young talent to step up), etc. Seems like it'll be very interesting to say the least.

• Like 2