Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You forgot the 3rd guy.

Crap so did I, I forgot his name seriously.

LMAO! I actually didn't. Was thinking they would actually acquire another positon player but they seemed to be off limits from the Phillies.

Will Stewart looks to be a real solid piece though.

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They going to re-invest that JT salary money?

They still wanna sign a reliever or two. I see that money being invested back into the bullpen. Might see them sign a closer now. I still don't think they got with the closer by committee like they have been talking about.

• Like 1

Alfaro is a WC in this deal. 5 years of team control. Only 25. Some Plus Power and good defensively. Sixto Sanchez is only 20 y/o, but he has had injury concerns. I think Sixto could use a year of seasoning in minors before coming up next year. No sense in rushing him. Will Stewart is an intriguing piece. I like his stats. The International Bonus $$ could help Marlins sign Yolmer Sanchez. He was projected to be the starting SS for the Cuban National Team before he defected. ?

Maybe the Marlins can convince the SS to sign if he can compete for the MLB right away. ?

I honestly think Marlins did about as well as they could have done. I still cannot believe Machado and Harper haven’t signed, and it’s FEBRUARY! ? so many great FA’s still available. Dallas Kuechel, a Cy Young Winner, is still available. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

It'd be crazy creative if they got this guy immediately after this and essentially made Sanchez part of this trade return. What a nice move that would be.

So then we would have gotten Victor Victor and Sanchez Sanchez this offseason?

32 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Love the deal. We got Alfaro who can immediately step in at catcher. 

He can't immediately step in, there's still a few more days before pitchers and catchers report. It would be a waste for him to step in so early. 

Well this seems not terrible.  I am unsure how to proceed without the usual post-trade rage.

• Laugh 2

Yeah people acting like Alfaro is just here to replace JT in the short term but he could still be a good long term piece.