Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

13 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

But is this money for the new IFA signing period in June? The money we acquired for Mesa was for the 2018 season and not the 2019.  Wouldn't the 75% cap reset for the 2019 period?

The next new one doesn't start until July.

Summing up the Braves side of this...

The Braves made it clear that, individually, each of their prospects was available.

From a prospect perspective, the Braves had the capability to trump or at least match this package. But they were not willing to provide the controllable MLB-ready asset Miami gained in Alfaro.

The Braves would have been willing to highlight a prospect package with Riley, but they were not willing to provide the collection of prospects the Marlins apparently sought.

The Braves would have given the Marlins any one top prospect but not more than one and no one from the MLB roster. 

57 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

This money is for the same period as the Mesa period. That one hasn't ended yet.

@Rydawg I had the same thought but as Jack says here it’s the same period.  The next years pool amounts haven’t been set yet. Although I don’t know why they wouldn’t be allowed to move those amounts yet.  Other leagues allow you to trade future draft picks   

So thrilled about this trade, and having to admit or face the reality, that Mike Hill saved his own skin in this deal...unless Jeter did do what I think would've gotten a trade done, and kicked Hill out of the negotiation room.

Now, we can enjoy the full rebuild and see what we have and can get and develop moving forward.

Go Marlins! Let's get number 3 (1997, 2003, ????) before any other expansion franchise!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

So thrilled about this trade, and having to admit or face the reality, that Mike Hill saved his own skin in this deal...unless Jeter did do what I think would've gotten a trade done, and kicked Hill out of the negotiation room.

Now, we can enjoy the full rebuild and see what we have and can get and develop moving forward.

Go Marlins! Let's get number 3 (1997, 2003, ????) before any other expansion franchise!

That's the spirit, welcome aboard!!! It's funny how Sixto was a Phenom/Stud/Elite/Sensational prospect before he got traded to the marlins. Now he's a bum with no real talent, command and pitches. ????

Edited by Ema2R (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It’s cute how some diehard fans who have bought into the rebuild (which I myself have done) are SHOCKED and constantly making reference to those fans on social media who have not bought into it and the things they say on Twitter etc. 

I’ll save you some shock (and some time): 

Nothing is going to change until the Marlins make the playoffs. Nothing. 

It’s been a decade and a half of incompetence.  That doesn’t get washed away with trading two MVP’s (and quite possibly a third) to new teams and rebuilding a barren farm system.   

Winning makes all those old wounds heal.  Not acquiring International FA money, not 20 year old flamethrowers who threw 50 innings last year. 

Winning.  Winning heals.  Stop thinking casual fans (and some diehards) and local and national media will suddenly embrace this team any day now.  It will be a lot of days. 

Edited by DTrain (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1