Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

12 minutes ago, DTrain said:

It’s cute how some diehard fans who have bought into the rebuild (which I myself have done) are SHOCKED and constantly making reference to those fans on social media who have not bought into it and the things they say on Twitter etc. 

I’ll save you some shock (and some time): 

Nothing is going to change until the Marlins make the playoffs. Nothing. 

It’s been a decade and a half of incompetence.  That doesn’t get washed away with trading two MVP’s (and quite possibly a third) to new teams and rebuilding a barren farm system.   

Winning makes all those old wounds heal.  Not acquiring International FA money, not 20 year old flamethrowers who threw 50 innings last year. 

Winning.  Winning heals.  Stop thinking casual fans (and some diehards) and local and national media will suddenly embrace this team any day now.  It will be a lot of days. 

I don't think any of us expect the narrative to change until we win.  But you have to bottom out before you can get there.

5 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

And as someone else stated you can only acquire additional money in 250k increments so this was the max amount they could have acquired.

Figured as much. Looks like ol' Michael was right again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, DTrain said:

It’s cute how some diehard fans who have bought into the rebuild (which I myself have done) are SHOCKED and constantly making reference to those fans on social media who have not bought into it and the things they say on Twitter etc. 

It’s been a decade and a half of incompetence.  That doesn’t get washed away with trading two MVP’s (and quite possibly a third) to new teams and rebuilding a barren farm system.   

Winning makes all those old wounds heal.  Not acquiring International FA money, not 20 year old flamethrowers who threw 50 innings last year. 

Winning.  Winning heals.  Stop thinking casual fans (and some diehards) and local and national media will suddenly embrace this team any day now.  It will be a lot of days. 

100% nail on the head, every single point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTrain said:

It's part of my daily conversation on here, creating chatter and sharing things with fellow Marlins fans. Don't think I lose sleep over this stuff despite me posting about this quite a bit. If anything it's just poking fun and laughing at it. To be honest I understand the skepticism though some of the criticisms are so bad and uninformed that it's pretty much cheap comedy at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTrain said:

Yep. More like a whole lot of years.

I think JT will absolutely mash in Phily and will replicate what Yelich did in Milwaukee. He'll be an MVP candidate.

That's not to say the Marlins didn't get a decent return. For once they did OK. But there's an article just posted at ESPN that rips the Marlins another new one over their trade history. What's new, but of course its an article that's hard to disagree with. I certainly don't. Profoundly sad.

But hey @DTrain glad to hear you have bought into the rebuild! Your monthly newsletter and gift basket should be arriving shortly! Wanna sit next to me at the next fake fans meeting?