Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

Three team deals could be a nice way to net us an extra elite player but not with those teams involved, don't see a match really that would work. Mets aren't trading much if anything along with Thor in a deal. So we'd be limited to just kids from Yanks really.

41 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Three team deals could be a nice way to net us an extra elite player but not with those teams involved, don't see a match really that would work. Mets aren't trading much if anything along with Thor in a deal. So we'd be limited to just kids from Yanks really.

My initial thought is they only want to give up one of Rosario/conforto/Nimmo and another team would give us something similar to those 3. But I'm not really sure what would happen between the Mets and the other team.

This is the problem I have right now, A lot of the news is Mets focused, so it's unclear what our return would be. It is also clear that the Mets are willing to make a deal happen, regardless what that means for them long term.

If the Marlins play this right we could move Realmuto, and someone else (not sure who), and net 4 or 5 prospects all with a promising mlb future. My bet though is we end up with 2 highly ranked prospects and 2 guys with lots of tools, and a high round pitcher with stupid good numbers in double a. This has kind of been our formula so far will all of the trades. Hitters need tools, Pitchers need to be young, OR have great numbers.