Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Lower their trade demands from something extortionist to something doable.  If they would lower their asking price, they probably get into a bidding war and approach their asking price.  

Extending him to Posey figures is moronic.  Wait a year is not good.

Play out his deal is more a fuck you option and is a viable option too, if you dont care about a long term return and want to send a message.

 

So its really either lower their trade demands slightly.  or just say fuck you to JT.  Though from listening to Mike Hill that appears to be the route they are taking, probably after getting burned in other deals, so I dont blame him.  

It almost feels like they feel badly about last winter and they’re overcompensating in the other direction in terms of trade demands 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realmuto is worth a top prospect, I don't see them extorting anyone or asking for too much. The alternative is they take less than his value and are rightfully ridiculed again for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Yea it's funny how the Marlins are laughed at when they rush a trade but then laughed at when they try and hold out for better. 

And in some cases it is the same people that have said both things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea it's funny how the Marlins are laughed at when they rush a trade but then laughed at when they try and hold out for better. 

And then suddenly, "Marlins sign Realmuto to four year $65M deal." Fans: "LOL how stupid they're not going to compete any time soon why would they do that"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

And in some cases it is the same people that have said both things.

This definitely happens.  We need a google docs sheet to tracks everyone’s take 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Realmuto is worth a top prospect, I don't see them extorting anyone or asking for too much. The alternative is they take less than his value and are rightfully ridiculed again for it.

Nobody is denying he is worth a top prospect.

Its the Marlins wanting 2 top prospects PLUS that is why Realmuto is still a Marlin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Nobody is denying he is worth a top prospect.

Its the Marlins wanting 2 top prospects PLUS that is why Realmuto is still a Marlin.  

I think the problem is you must have a different definition of "top prospect"  The Marlins aren't asking for Whitley AND Tucker (actual top prospects), that'd be nuts. They asked for one of them and you called it extortion. They asked for Acuna last year from Atlanta, again ONE top prospect. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think the problem is you must have a different definition of "top prospect"  The Marlins aren't asking for Whitley AND Tucker (actual top prospects), that'd be nuts. They asked for one of them and you called it extortion. They asked for Acuna last year from Atlanta, again ONE top prospect. 

Reports were that the Marlins asking price was extortion from many other writers not just of the Marlins but other teams and national writers and that they had wanted an elite prospect and then the next best prospect as well.

I dont blame the Braves for saying no to Acuna for Relamuto.  They lose that trade 11 out of 10 days.

Its funny that Realmuto is the line they are drawing in the sand, when these prices are what they should have had for Yelich and Ozuna last winter, trading away Realmuto for the crap they received in return. 

 

Its like the front office read the takes on their trades and were like, oh fuck, this isnt going well.  We better just hold out for the moon AND the sun with our remaining major trade asset.  

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...