Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

You from the future?

Yea, Jack is my Bro. I'm your uncle. Not going to be all cliche and say that I'm your father. 

Also, this! Roto:

According to Craig Mish of SiriusXM, the Braves and Marlins "have talked again" about a J.T. Realmuto trade.

Mish writes that the Braves "appear to be waiting [the] Marlins out" while adding that the Rays "remain possibility." There is also known to be some level of interest from the Dodgers, Padres, Astros, and Reds. Realmuto seems certain to be dealt before spring training gets underway, but it's hard to identify a frontrunner for his services at this point. Miami still wants a massive return for the 27-year-old catcher, who batted .277/.340/.484 with 21 home runs and 74 RBI over 125 games last season. He is under contractual control through 2020.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Leo said:

Yea, Jack is my Bro. I'm your uncle. Not going to be all cliche and say that I'm your father. 

And where does Jack Nicholson work into all this?

2 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

Mish writes that the Braves "appear to be waiting [the] Marlins out"

Hopefully we're waiting other teams out that will get desperate at the deadline [and again that all hinges on Realmuto continuing his career trajectory].

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Hopefully we're waiting other teams out that will get desperate at the deadline [and again that all hinges on Realmuto continuing his career trajectory].

Waiting till the deadline is a huge mistake. Aside from the fact that he is the best catcher in the game, part of the appeal and one of the reasons why we want so much for him is because he has two years of control left.  Also, a bad first half or an injury and we're fucked.  Has to happen before spring training. Settle on the best offer and pull the trigger 

David Samson on Twitter is insinuating that we’re holding out for Acuna. Mish then replies to him. Am I reading Samson’s feed correctly?

1 minute ago, dcapa424 said:

David Samson on Twitter is insinuating that we’re holding out for Acuna. Mish then replies to him. Am I reading Samson’s feed correctly?

Samson was being facetious and sarcastic.

3 hours ago, Rydawg said:

Settle on the best offer and pull the trigger

No, no settling, damn it.

6 hours ago, Michael said:

No, no settling, damn it.

This is right. I do not understand the argument for settling. How badly do they think he'll be from April-June? It is mind boggling. They act like he's a ticking time bomb and must be traded or else he'll lose all value. If he's worth more now due to a great 2018 and 2 years of control, get more. If you settle for less, then you may as well wait.