Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

No settling. The Orioles got for half a season of Machado, 5 prospects from the Dodgers. 4 of them are currently listed at their 1st, 16th, 22nd and 26th best - http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=bal

Yusniel Diaz, the centerpiece of the trade and who's currently 1st for them is 52nd overall in top 100. Even if we keep JT all year and he only has one year left next offseason. In terms of WAR, a year of JT is more valuable than half a year of Machado. JT is about 4-5, Manny has consistently been around 6.

I'm sure teams are flooding us with deals similar to that one or something like what we got for Yelich and we're not biting and I'm fully behind it. Give us better bait if you want these Fish to bite.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Leo said:

No settling. The Orioles got for half a season of Machado, 5 prospects from the Dodgers. 4 of them are currently listed at their 1st, 16th, 22nd and 26th best - http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=bal

Yusniel Diaz, the centerpiece of the trade and who's currently 1st for them is 52nd overall in top 100. Even if we keep JT all year and he only has one year left next offseason. In terms of WAR, a year of JT is more valuable than half a year of Machado. JT is about 4-5, Manny has consistently been around 6.

I'm sure teams are flooding us with deals similar to that one or something like what we got for Yelich and we're not biting and I'm fully behind it. Give us better bait if you want these Fish to bite.

But no, we should trade Realmuto right now for the best available offer, which may be three B-level prospects.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael said:

But no, we should trade Realmuto right now for the best available offer, which may be three B-level prospects.

WE MUST SETTLE! He could hit .200 this season. Take anything you can get before Opening Day.

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

WE MUST SETTLE! He could hit .200 this season. Take anything you can get before Opening Day.

Yeah! So what if we trade him to Houston for their #98 and #106 prospects and he goes on to hit .350 with 40 homers and throws out 72% of runners and those prospects never see the light of day in MLB, WE GOTTA DO IT NOW JUST IN CASE!

I'm not saying settle for lower but I'm curious what the current standing offers are... maybe they're awesome and the team is trying too hard? You can set the price high but that doesn't mean you have to get the highest price either. 

Like when you wanna sell something negotiable and you set the price for $500 knowing you would take $400 but the offer comes in at $450 and you're sitting there still trying to get $500... know what I mean? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not saying settle for lower but I'm curious what the current standing offers are... maybe they're awesome and the team is trying too hard? You can set the price high but that doesn't mean you have to get the highest price either. 

Like when you wanna sell something negotiable and you set the price for $500 knowing you would take $400 but the offer comes in at $450 and you're sitting there still trying to get $500... know what I mean? 

That's fair and reasonable. The way the other user proposed "settling" it sounded different though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

is that your asking price? and what's included?

12 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

This is right. I do not understand the argument for settling. How badly do they think he'll be from April-June? It is mind boggling. They act like he's a ticking time bomb and must be traded or else he'll lose all value. If he's worth more now due to a great 2018 and 2 years of control, get more. If you settle for less, then you may as well wait.

He's not going to lose all value.  I never said that but he will lose value simply because of the control.  Also, I'm not saying that he's going to hit .200 and lose all value but if he under performs just a little bit on top of losing half a season of control he will lose a lot of value.  Then there's the injury concern especially with catchers. 

All I'm saying is that there is no better time than now to trade him and that there is no higher value that he can achieve. 

Some are making it sound like settle means to settle for crap.  Not what I said.  I said settle for the best offer you have now. I guess I should have said "pick" the best offer instead of settle. Either way,  I'm sure that there are good offers out there.  

Also, I love JT but to compare a return for JT to the return for Machado is crazy.  Regardless of control, Machado is the far superior player.

Murphy's law, if something bad can happen to the Marlins, it will.  Do it now and mitigate the risk.

The fact of the matter is that the Marlins want a top prospect so that 1) they don't look like a-holes again aka yelich trade 2) to shed the Marlins label as pushovers when it comes to trades 3) best way for us to actually start competing in 2-3 years - because at the end of the day, the owners and everyone else know that they won't get butts in the seats until this team actually shows something, consistently may I add.

We have no idea what's being offered. We DO know for a fact teams aren't offering their best prospect along with fillers, because then it would've been done by now. We DON'T know what kind of offers are being sent our way, if they're yelich type offers (solid but not great, which some here seem to be implying we should accept again) or garbage low-ball offers. So if there is only one known factor and the rest are unknown.... Shouldn't we be giving the benefit of the doubt to the marlins? especially since it's the more beneficial one?

And the more Machado and Bryce keep asking for 400M over 10yrs, the more a team might just be like, fuck it lets get JT and move on. A domino needs to fall, that's for sure. Everyone playing the waiting game.

1 minute ago, Uncle Leo said:

Shouldn't we be giving the benefit of the doubt to the marlins? especially since it's the more beneficial one?

NEVER