Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I still say traded by Monday and to those confused, this would include Monday!

You haven't said which Monday.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You haven't said which Monday.

Monday February 4, 2019.

• Love 1

The Reds want the best catcher in baseball and they want their 5th best prospect to be the centerpiece. 

Add the Reds to the list of teams that can suck a big bag of dicks. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

The only problem with your scenario is that we lack the players and depth for things to suddenly start getting better in the next 1-2 years and then we'd have to commit big bucks to a player going into his age 30 season. Do you really want to hand Realmuto a 5 year 100M type deal in 2020-2021 with him in his 30's?

To me, even though the return wasn't great on Ozuna, it was necessary. Stanton was actually a solid trade considering how teams are being more financially responsible. But to me, you either keep Realmuto and Yelich in their primes and build around them so by the time they're at the end of their deals hopefully we have some propsects and new FA signings to compete. Or you trade both of them. You can't half-ass this. Look at how deep and good the teams are in the playoffs, we're sooooo soooo far away from that.

To be fair, my post also made some more unsaid assumptions that other additions are made to further convince JT to stay. But based on what I did say, I understand your response and I agree with it.

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I believe he tried but couldn't get it done…

But he is Trader Jack, he gets anyone traded.

so @SonOfJack and @SilverBullet, if they do end up moving JT for Barnhart, India and some throw-in - would either of you seriously begin to doubt the ability of the new group to run the franchise successfully?  I'm not trying to be an ass and I'm not being snide or snarky - I'm genuinely interested how your perception would change, if at all.  @Michael, if you'd like to chime in I'd welcome your thoughts too.  You 3 have been the biggest supporters of the direction the team has taken since the new ownership group took the reigns so if they butcher this trade (coupled with the Yelich one) I'm honestly inquiring if you'd really sour on the new group or just be annoyed but still firm believers in the direction they're headed.

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

so @SonOfJack and @SilverBullet, if they do end up moving JT for Barnhart, India and some throw-in - would either of you seriously begin to doubt the ability of the new group to run the franchise successfully?  I'm not trying to be an ass and I'm not being snide or snarky - I'm genuinely interested how your perception would change, if at all.  @Michael, if you'd like to chime in I'd welcome your thoughts too.  You 3 have been the biggest supporters of the direction the team has taken since the new ownership group took the reigns so if they butcher this trade (coupled with the Yelich one) I'm honestly inquiring if you'd really sour on the new group or just be annoyed but still firm believers in the direction they're headed.

Thanks for asking... I wouldn't exaggerate and abandon ship based off this one trade but yes I'd be upset and more doubtful moving forward especially because up to this point it seems like they do have leverage with this trade and I'd be pretty pissed if they can't show themselves capable of taking advantage of this leverage.

But so far I feel pretty confident that they won't fall for India and Barnhart as the centerpieces here.

• Like 1