Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

this re the international slot money.  I’m not certain this is right.  Interesting comment by joe 

Shocking that Joe is a moron.

Money can only be carried over if a signing is voided for reasons out of the teams control.

The only way they are signing Sanchez is if he were to take less money to come to Miami.  

The most the Marlins could have left would be $3,594,450 provided they have acquired the max they can.  The Orioles have nearly 6 mil they could give Sanchez.  

The next rated SS prospect got a 3.4 mil bonus.  

What they are planning on doing with the rest of this money is beyond me, and I'm not even sure how much they have left.  Reports were after signing the Mesa brothers is that they were close to empty.  

Joe reported that the Marlins had 4.3 mil before their spree to acquire money for the Mesa brothers.  They spent 6.5 mil on them two.

My guess is that this 250k they acquired is more for a lesser prospect or two they would like to still sign.  Or else they are morons.  

Here is the only exhaustive set of rules for the International Free Agency that I have found.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3559

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

The only way they are signing Sanchez is if he were to take less money to come to Miami. 

The Mesa Bros could maybe try to recruit him here. Might not happen but it's a possibility.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

The Mesa Bros could maybe try to recruit him here. Might not happen but it's a possibility.

Ya but if he can get 3 mil more from the Orioles....

22 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Shocking that Joe is a moron.

Money can only be carried over if a signing is voided for reasons out of the teams control.

The most the Marlins could have left would be $3,594,450 provided they have acquired the max they can.  The Orioles have nearly 6 mil they could give Sanchez.  

The next rated SS prospect got a 3.4 mil bonus.  

What they are planning on doing with the rest of this money is beyond me, and I'm not even sure how much they have left.  Reports were after signing the Mesa brothers is that they were close to empty.  

Joe reported that the Marlins had 4.3 mil before their spree to acquire money for the Mesa brothers.  They spent 6.5 mil on them two.

My guess is that this 250k they acquired is more for a lesser prospect or two they would like to still sign.  Or else they are morons.  

Here is the only exhaustive set of rules for the International Free Agency that I have found.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3559

Hill was probably told they'd also receive 250k in cash and was so excited he didn't pay attention to how that money was to be applied to the deal.

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Hill was probably told they'd also receive 250k in cash and was so excited he didn't pay attention to how that money was to be applied to the deal.

#FuckHill

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bret Hart said:

Now I realized what happened on us. 

But doesn't sting as much as the Jelliz trade did