Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

2 hours ago, Ema2R said:

Got to add at least 2 more players. Even tho Puig lives in Miami, nobody knows if he would stay with the Marlins so... it could end up being a 1 for 1 trade for the best Catcher out there in the whole league.... nah not gonna happen. Add Lux and Verdugo/Ruiz/Santana/Alvarez and i think it gets done.

like Puig in Miami

Personally, I think all the other GMs are holding out thinking, and hoping, that the Marlins will cave in as its usually been in the past. They still think things are the way they were when Loria was pulling all the strings and not letting Hill make the trades - desperate and in a hurry to let go of good players. Teams want Realmuto? Well, give up your great prospects!! That's how its done. That's how its going to be. The Marlins org knows this too well as there is a lot riding on this trade. If they fail they know us fans will tear them a new one.

All the baseball writers and people in the media keep saying the Marlins are asking too much but its all posturing. It seems as if they're trying to pressure the Marlins to lower their ask. I could be reading too much into this but, come on, when has the baseball media been friendly to the Marlins? They're not used to the org being in a highly leveraged situation and not backing down from what they want. Teams better get realistic because they're not getting JT for peanuts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

But didn't he has the problem of behavior ?

Yes and Mattingly supposedly doesn’t get along with him.

19 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

Personally, I think all the other GMs are holding out thinking, and hoping, that the Marlins will cave in as its usually been in the past. They still think things are the way they were when Loria was pulling all the strings and not letting Hill make the trades - desperate and in a hurry to let go of good players. Teams want Realmuto? Well, give up your great prospects!! That's how its done. That's how its going to be. The Marlins org knows this too well as there is a lot riding on this trade. If they fail they know us fans will tear them a new one.

All the baseball writers and people in the media keep saying the Marlins are asking too much but its all posturing. It seems as if they're trying to pressure the Marlins to lower their ask. I could be reading too much into this but, come on, when has the baseball media been friendly to the Marlins? They're not used to the org being in a highly leveraged situation and not backing down from what they want. Teams better get realistic because they're not getting JT for peanuts.

Uh, they did that with Yelich last offseason after Loria...