Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto traded to Phillies

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Yeah that’s not going to happen.

I don't even know if I'd ever be able to watch baseball again if they did something like that and received some C level prospect back so the contracts would be gone.  I'm sure that would make some of you happy though hehehe.

For the record, I don't think they'll do that either but someone even stating that's a rumor gives me the chills.  Should this actually happen though I certainly hope some of the #proJeter crowd switch sides to the #fuckjeter crowd. 

23 minutes ago, hovertical said:

someone even stating that's a rumor gives me the chills.

I don't think this should be counted as a rumor, it is based on nothing. It as much of a rumor as if somebody said Jeter is going to force every player to draw a 2 in the dirt before the games to honor him.

26 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Should this actually happen though I certainly hope some of the #proJeter crowd switch sides to the #fuckjeter crowd. 

Also, I don't consider myself #ProJeter but I know you mean me along with others. I just think the #FuckJeter crowd can be unfair at times, I have said he's messed up and consider myself more in the middle, I don't really see those people ever say he is right about anything when the team does something correctly (and yes it is happened).

• Like 1

There shouldn't really be pro Jeter or fuck Jeter crowds because it isn't so cut and dry. Judge each thing individually, preferably fairly as well. Some will like things more and some will hate things more but to be "on a side" sounds like people have already decided how they'll react to each action before they've ever happened. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

There shouldn't really be pro Jeter or fuck Jeter crowds because it isn't so cut and dry. Judge each thing individually, preferably fairly as well. Some will like things more and some will hate things more but to be "on a side" sounds like people have already decided how they'll react to each action before they've ever happened. 

Exactly but sadly it isn't that way and there's more "Fuck Jeter" people than anything else.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

There shouldn't really be pro Jeter or fuck Jeter crowds because it isn't so cut and dry.  

I’ve said this more than once on this forum. 

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Also, I don't consider myself #ProJeter but I know you mean me along with others. I just think the #FuckJeter crowd can be unfair at times, I have said he's messed up and consider myself more in the middle, I don't really see those people ever say he is right about anything when the team does something correctly (and yes it is happened).

I don't believe there is anyone on this board who has been entirely pro or anti-jeter, myself included.  I believe the generally pro-jeter crowd has been unfair towards those of us who are more anti-jeter.  I'm not here to go tit-for-tat over that notion though - I just want to say that the whole rebuilding concept would take a major image blow if they trades for shit just to dump contracts.   I don't think they will though. *fingers crossed*

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I just want to say that the whole rebuilding concept would take a major image blow if they trades for shit just to dump contracts. 

Of course, but there's no reason to give a second thought to if they'll do that. Some reporter in Taiwan mentioning it doesn't change that.