• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I obvs know his appeal, but to a team like the marlins with no real apparent power prospect do we really need another speedy def first IFer?

Isan Diaz, Monte Harrison, both real upside power guys. Giminez is also 20 years old. In double A, The hope is I'm sure he could still develop power.

I'd approach the Angels about including Mike Trout in a deal for Realmuto.

Possibly include Strailey, Castro and Rojas since the Angels like making stupid deals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

Isan Diaz, Monte Harrison, both real upside power guys. Giminez is also 20 years old. In double A, The hope is I'm sure he could still develop power.

Monte and Isan are both raw power guys and neither has translated that to pro ball at all. I'm not anti Giminez - I'm anti giminez for the fish

Edited by pollythewog (see edit history)

8 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Someone ask "What player?"

copy and past Clark.  Dont act like a fourth grader.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

copy and past Clark.  Dont act like a fourth grader.

He won't see this, you have to reply to the tweet and not to a comment with a copy of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Monte and Isan are both raw power guys and neither has translated that to pro ball at all. I'm not anti Giminez - I'm anti giminez for the fish

Value is value. If they can get a guy who can get to a 3 WAR at SS with the glove, positive base running, plus speed, and a lot of slap hits, that's great. Especially at club controlled prices for 6+ seasons. Gimenez plays the most impactful defensive position on the field too, so if you're going to forsake power somewhere, this is it. Elvis Andrus has basically averaged a 3 WAR for the last 9 years and that is fantastic.

Marlins have power guys - Brinson, Monte, Diaz - and Anderson will hit a few. Notably missing is a longterm C and 1B who can both bash. 

If these guys pan out, they'll have the dingers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarlinsLou said:

Value is value. If they can get a guy who can get to a 3 WAR at SS with the glove, positive base running, plus speed, and a lot of slap hits, that's great. Especially at club controlled prices for 6+ seasons. Gimenez plays the most impactful defensive position on the field too, so if you're going to forsake power somewhere, this is it. Elvis Andrus has basically averaged a 3 WAR for the last 9 years and that is fantastic.

Marlins have power guys - Brinson, Monte, Diaz - and Anderson will hit a few. Notably missing is a longterm C and 1B who can both bash. 

If these guys pan out, they'll have the dingers.

Brinson 🤣

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Some people haven't given up on him yet including me. 

.257 BABIP

Always was believed to be a plus defender. Maybe hitting .160 for 2+ months carried into the field. I say "duh" to this.

Hit .267/.301/.547 in June and then got hurt and derailed the small sample size progress. His AB did look "a little" better in Aug/Sep even if he was still terrible.

Always walked enough in the minors.

I'm not saying he's going to work out, or the Yelich trade wasn't idiotic (no offense to the Mil guys, compliment to Yelich) but a BABIP correction to .300 gets him to .230-.240ish (and he isn't a slowpoke so it should tick up a little higher as he should out perform), and from there, even a slight tick up in walks, defense, and base running prowess is turning him into a 2+ WAR starter. 

This is nothing to do backflips about, but his upside is so huge he could become a normal, average, boring, frustrating, not as good as BJ Upton, type of starter really quick with even incremental improvement. I am cautiously optimistic he will be, at minimum, an infuriatingly solid starter, until you look at his salary and shrug and say that's OK for what he's costing. 

• Like 1