• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

JT to Houston before 2019?

Yeah definitely, I mean he's been in the majors since 2014 so with Interleague Play of course he's been to Houston before. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, B1az3 said:

A bidding war between Houston and Atlanta is the best case scenario. A package of Tucker, James/Bukausks, & a guy like Cristian Javier or Ronnie Dawson would be ideal

Edited by marlins_09 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

A bidding war between Houston and Atlanta is the best case scenario. A package of Tucker, James/Bukausks, & a guy like Cristian Javier or Ronnie Dawson would be ideal

James is likely in their rotation right now and already got to the bigs, so I find that unlikely. Bukauskas is a smaller framed starter who the Marlins (Hill) have historically not been interested in. I don't think he's the guy.

I think they'd want Martin as the second piece, and some collection of Nova, Perez/Valdez (i.e., a lefty reliever. I know they are smaller, but figure they'd be OK if they got a bigger framed started like Martin and this is a 3rd/4th piece), Stassi/Stubbs (backup C), etc.

I'd kick in Conley and ask for Tucker, Martin, Nova, Valdez, and Stassi, and agree to take on Reddick's salary if they want to dump him and use that money to sign Cruz or a SP.

• Like 3

Maybe Conley or giving up someone else along with JT would allow us to get a 2nd piece like Martin, James or J.B. but if this is J.T. for players, I don't see a 2nd piece of that caliber coming along with Tucker. Funny enough Nova originally signed with the Marlins before being busted for PED's and then being released only to be picked up the following year by the Astros for 1.2M... So I think it's clear the Marlins scouted him and like him.

I could see something along the lines of Tucker, Nova, Stubbs and a random arm like Bielak or Schroeder getting this done. If the Astros at any point had been accepting of the idea of trading Tucker plus a quality arm like Martin or James plus some farm fodder, this deal would've already been done.

5 hours ago, MarlinsLou said:

James is likely in their rotation right now and already got to the bigs, so I find that unlikely. Bukauskas is a smaller framed starter who the Marlins (Hill) have historically not been interested in. I don't think he's the guy.

I think they'd want Martin as the second piece, and some collection of Nova, Perez/Valdez (i.e., a lefty reliever. I know they are smaller, but figure they'd be OK if they got a bigger framed started like Martin and this is a 3rd/4th piece), Stassi/Stubbs (backup C), etc.

I'd kick in Conley and ask for Tucker, Martin, Nova, Valdez, and Stassi, and agree to take on Reddick's salary if they want to dump him and use that money to sign Cruz or a SP.

The only way James is in their rotation is if they plan on keeping Whitley in AAA for a significant amount of time. That or cutting bait with McHugh I guess. 

Im good with Martin & Nova as add ons

46 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

The only way James is in their rotation is if they plan on keeping Whitley in AAA for a significant amount of time. That or cutting bait with McHugh I guess. 

Im good with Martin & Nova as add ons

They are incentivized financially to keep Whitley in the minors past the Super2 deadline.

Also, Astros lost a reliever for a large chunk of the season today. They are a great spot to move a well above average arm like Steckenrider or bullpen-Conley

• Like 1