• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think the problem is you must have a different definition of "top prospect"  The Marlins aren't asking for Whitley AND Tucker (actual top prospects), that'd be nuts. They asked for one of them and you called it extortion. They asked for Acuna last year from Atlanta, again ONE top prospect. 

Reports were that the Marlins asking price was extortion from many other writers not just of the Marlins but other teams and national writers and that they had wanted an elite prospect and then the next best prospect as well.

I dont blame the Braves for saying no to Acuna for Relamuto.  They lose that trade 11 out of 10 days.

Its funny that Realmuto is the line they are drawing in the sand, when these prices are what they should have had for Yelich and Ozuna last winter, trading away Realmuto for the crap they received in return. 

Its like the front office read the takes on their trades and were like, oh fuck, this isnt going well.  We better just hold out for the moon AND the sun with our remaining major trade asset.  

• Downvote 5

For the record:

Astros would have done Tucker plus a mid level type prospect in November.

Yankees would have done it for Gary Sanchez straight up (dont believe Cash), or Andjuar and a mid level prospect, or their top prospect or two plus a mid level type. 

Dodgers would have done it for Verdugo plus a mid level type in November.  

See the pattern, thats NOT the asking price, if it were,  Realmuto is traded long ago.  

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

My take on this hasnt changed son.  

You are one of those who felt they rushed into bad deals last year and are also wrong for asking for fair value this year. You just change the definition of what fair value is at will, kinda like how you change the year that you became a Cardinals fan.

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

You are one of those who felt they rushed into bad deals last year and are also wrong for asking for fair value this year. You just change the definition of what fair value is at will, kinda like how you change the year that you became a Cardinals fan.

*yawn*

I said they should have torn it all down if that was their idiotic plan.

I said my Cardinals stole Ozuna for nothing more then our spare parts.

I said the Brewers stole Yelich for a top prospect they didnt know what to do with (Brinson) and extra pieces.

They did rush into bad deals last year because they were bound and determined to make trades.  

Then when they got bad reviews of those deals they suddenly woke up and were like, well fuck, maybe we should just extort other teams to make up for our bad deals.  

Fair value for Realmuto is what I said would have been done 2 months ago. Any of those teams would have done that then, and probably still now.  That's not the price.  Which is painfully evident to everyone but a few on here I guess.  

Stop paying attention to what any media member covering the Marlins have to say other than Mish. ALL OF THEM ARE TRASH and do no real reporting on any aspect of the team not spoon fed to them by the front office.  

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Astros would have done Tucker plus a mid level type prospect in November.

You have absolutely no proof of this, you're just making shit up.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

You have absolutely no proof of this, you're just making shit up.

ok.

I mean Heyman in late Nov/ early Dec basically said sources indicated the Astros would be willing to part with Tucker but not Whitley but you're right, I'm just making stuff up.

Just now, Das Texan said:

I mean Heyman in late Nov/ early Dec basically said sources indicated the Astros would be willing to part with Tucker but not Whitley but you're right, I'm just making stuff up.

That is far from proof and you know it.

Maybe you don't know it but you should.