• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

Just now, SonOfJack said:

That is far from proof and you know it.

Maybe you don't know it but you should.

Right.  Because the Astros are going to issue a presser saying:

"We offered Kyle Tucker for JT Realmuto and were told no"

Nothing categorically changed between November and today. Either they were going to trade Tucker all along or they weren't. Stop being a moron already.

And no Chirinos didn't change anything though you'll say it did.

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Lower their trade demands from something extortionist to something doable.  If they would lower their asking price, they probably get into a bidding war and approach their asking price.  

Extending him to Posey figures is moronic.  Wait a year is not good.

Play out his deal is more a fuck you option and is a viable option too, if you dont care about a long term return and want to send a message.

So its really either lower their trade demands slightly.  or just say fuck you to JT.  Though from listening to Mike Hill that appears to be the route they are taking, probably after getting burned in other deals, so I dont blame him.  

There's still a lot of offseason left.  If he isn't traded now, there's a possibility of getting a king's ransom at the trade deadline.  

That's assuming he he truly has no interest in extending with Miami.

You can always lower demands later.

Edited by cyoung (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Nothing categorically changed between November and today. Either they were going to trade Tucker all along or they weren't. Stop being a moron already.

And no Chirinos didn't change anything though you'll say it did.

Chirinos means that Max Stassi is no longer a big league player for the Astros.

The Astros will trade Kyle Tucker but only for a player that makes them categorically better.  If you hear anything else, its not true.  The Astros however, have no interest in moving Forrest Whitley.  That is a 100% true statement.  I mean for Mike Trout they might, but Mike Trout isnt really on the market right now.  

I like how he keeps moving the goalposts too. First it was the Marlins ask for two top prospects in their extortion. Now that he sees he's wrong, he changes it to one top guy and one elite guy whatever the fuck that means.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never saw any mention of the Marlins asking for TWO elite prospects, which to me doesn't necessarily mean 2 top prospects of a teams top 5, but 2 prospects that are in a teams top 5 but also ranked top 50 by rankings/scouts etc. If the Marlins ask for 2 or 3 prospects from a teams top 5 or top 10 and their farm blows, that's not on us nor does it make those prospects elite. That's on the team trying to trade for  JT with a shitty farm. That I can totally see have happened. But I never saw the Marlins ask for Acuna or Tucker or Whitley or Bellinger AND another guy of that ilk. It's usually been one top 'cant miss' stud,  but we all know that doesn't exist by now but the closest thing to it, and then another pretty solid talented prospect and then some lottery tickets/filler. Other teams are wanting to give us 2-3 solid talented prospects and fillers, kinda like what we gave up for yelich. Which I get. Which is the main argument here. But we can get that later. So you stick to your guns. We goin' in circles folks. You either agree or disagree with the Marlins stance (and that's fine), but to not understand it or at least see why they're doing it, is the opposite of the word smart.

10 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Their roster is full of young talent, they should be competitive for more than 1-2 years.

Yea, but maybe only for serious WS contender for one or two seasons before many important FA veterans leave.