• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

18 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Realmuto doesn’t want to play baseball for Miami anymore.  A couple of fun wins and losing 17 games this month (and April isn’t gone yet) didn’t change his mindset that he made clear to the media after the firesale. 

Where did he say this? Sounds like you're assuming this. He may have wanted out when half our offense was traded away but that doesn't mean he can't eventually change his mind if he likes being the centerpiece of this team going forward. 

57 minutes ago, DTrain said:

While I think Miami ultimately will win the Yelich trade, this is a ridiculously optimistic statement even coming from you. 

because im not freaking out about their first 20 games at a new level?  Diaz has been incredibly promising even though he got off to a slow start.  Great OBP and power from a 2b.

If the right deal comes around, you trade him. It's not like he's 23, by the time this team is competitive he'll probably be in his 30s, and on the decline. You'll be building around a 30 + year old.

3 hours ago, fish20 said:

because im not freaking out about their first 20 games at a new level?  Diaz has been incredibly promising even though he got off to a slow start.  Great OBP and power from a 2b.

If Diaz and Harrison don’t both become 3+ WAR players,  your prediction will be wrong.  Agreed? 

20 minutes ago, DTrain said:

If Diaz and Harrison don’t both become 3+ WAR players,  your prediction will be wrong.  Agreed? 

not necessarily.  I think they will become that, but they dont need to.  I think all 3 of them have all star potential.

This team is a dumpster fire and I would imagine at least three years away from competing, might as well trade him and hopefully  speed up the process. Not that I want him gone, but he'll probably be gone with nothing to show when he becomes a free agent

16 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

he'll probably be gone with nothing to show when he becomes a free agent

That's why people like Erick suggested offering him a long term deal. If he declines, then move to deal him.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I am all for it.......KEEP JT!!!!  I have hoped for this right out of the gate. He doesn't appear to be an unhappy camper who is sulking that is friends are gone. He is playing well, seems to be enjoying it, and he has some other veterans who will be coming off the DL this week. That should be refreshing. Ok - mark me down. KEEP JT!!!!

100% on board with keeping JT, have been for a long time.  JT is a really good player and catcher and has shown to be consistently so at a position that really doesn't get a lot of standouts anymore. He's got the tools, and I think of everyone in our organization, he's a great piece to build around and at least give us something to hold onto as fans.