• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

40 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I’m inclined to keep JT but not for the reasons a lot of you are saying.   His current form isn’t sustainable.  It’s a hot streak.  He’s a career 282/324/435 hitter.  He’s a really nice catcher to have.  He’s not a center piece.  Out of curiosity I looked to see how old Piazza was when the Mets acquired him.  He was 29.  But JT is no Piazza.  That’s OK though.  He’s also not a defense only Molina brother.  The catchers that got a lot of value from pitch framing are a thing of the past.  JT’s not one of those guys.  He’s an all around solid baseball player that plays his position well, it just happens to be catcher, a position that can be feast or famine.  I think a player like JT is extremely valuable to have there and even post arbitration can be retained at a reasonable price.  Trading him feels almost impossible though.  The Marlins should be asking a lot but teams won’t part with the type of prospect we want for a guy who is a steady catcher.  We’re better off keeping him.  But I don’t expect to keep him and have him hit 3-5 and be a key cog in a potent offense.  What we saw last year is about his max. 

Unfortunately I don’t think we have anymore exciting trading chips left except maybe Strailey.  Strailey at this moment in time wouldn’t command enough to move him.  If he returns and has an outstanding season then maybe we can entice a team really looking to make that final push to send a prospect over.  That’s a best case scenario though. 

I actually agree with this too.

Although I will say I think Realmuto can be a consistent 3+ WAR catcher, which is pretty valuable. My reasons for keeping him aren’t about the hot streak either. I don’t think he’s a superstar, but I also think he’s currently a top 5 catcher, arguably top 3.

• Like 1

Jeter has made it known he wants to build this team from the ground and establish a good foundation. Players like JT do just that. Building off a player like him is essential. I agree in taking this year and accessing where the team is at and where JT feels the team is going for him. Kinda like what the Marlins did with Stanton except sooner. We can't expect all the trades to work out be our hope is that many of them do. Trades like Yelich and Ozuna would be wonderful if they worked out. In the mean team re-establish the new core of players that will be coming through. JT at catcher, Brinson in the Outfield in hopes of Harrison and Sierra turning into the players they are projected to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffbakercircus said:

How much do you guys think JT Realmuto is worth? Would you give him a 5 year deal worth $50-$60 million total? 🤔🤔🤔

He would get more than that.

4 minutes ago, Retro_Marlins25 said:

He will be traded soon for nothing, don't worry.

If they wanted to trade him for nothing, they already would have done that.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:31 PM, Erick said:

I actually agree with this too.

Although I will say I think Realmuto can be a consistent 3+ WAR catcher, which is pretty valuable. My reasons for keeping him aren’t about the hot streak either. I don’t think he’s a superstar, but I also think he’s currently a top 5 catcher, arguably top 3.

Even I was underrating him a couple months ago.

Correction: The Miami Marlins have the best catcher in baseball, and his name is JT Realmuto. 

11 minutes ago, Erick said:

Even I was underrating him a couple months ago.

Correction: The Miami Marlins have the best catcher in baseball, and his name is JT Realmuto. 

JT is the without a doubt the best hitting and baserunning catcher in MLB.

JT has elite pop time as well behind the plate but he is below average (that’s being nice) at blocking baseballs and (correct me if I’m wrong), pitch framing.  

With th all that said he’s probably  the best overall catcher in MLB. 

3 minutes ago, DTrain said:

JT is the without a doubt the best hitting and baserunning catcher in MLB.

JT has elite pop time as well behind the plate but he is below average (that’s being nice) at blocking baseballs and (correct me if I’m wrong), pitch framing.  

With th all that said he’s probably  the best overall catcher in MLB. 

His pitch framing has improved a lot. Haven’t checked recently, but I believe he’s gone from one of the worst to above average at it.