• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

At this pace if he stays healthy, he could come close to putting up a 7 WAR season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/nl-east-notes-realmuto-nationals-eovaldi-anthopoulos.html

"The Nationals could be willing to “revisit” talks with the Marlins about J.T. Realmuto, according to Fancred Sports’ Jon Heyman.  The Nats have long been connected to Realmuto, though GM Mike Rizzo seemingly threw cold water on the potential of a trade a few weeks ago by saying that his team wasn’t willing to meet Miami’s very high asking price for the star catcher.  Now, there is some belief that Washington could be open to dealing star outfield prospect Victor Robles, though Heyman notes that this is unconfirmed.  The Nats were firmly against the idea of dealing Robles or Carter Kieboom to the Marlins for Realmuto, which is what brought talks to a halt in the first place.

Robles entered the season as a consensus top-10 prospect in baseball, and after making his MLB debut in 2017, there were whispers that he could emerge (likeJuan Soto has) as an everyday option in Washington’s outfield this season.  Instead, however, Robles has missed almost the entire year due to a hyperextended elbow, and has only recently begun a rehab assignment.  He’ll have only a couple of weeks to fully return to action and prove his health prior to the July 31 trade deadline, though one suspects that Robles’ stock is high enough that he would have to appear drastically limited (or suffer another injury) to lose too much value as a trade chip."

My point was,which player would boost our playoff hope the most in the future? a great catcher or a great OF (suppose Robles really become a great player)?I think the answer was very clear that a catcher would make much bigger contribution than a OF,so even we got Robles in reture we still lose in this trade and that would only happened after JT refused to stay here long term,so I don't think we would trade him before an extension contract was offered to him and convince him to stay here would be the biggest goal they need to reach. 

5 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Take Robles if JT doesn’t take the contract Jeter offers. 

Looks like the first moment I can recall where you, I and taiwan all agree.

Is it just Robles for Realmuto? 1 for 1? if so the answer is no. plain and simple. The question for me is what else is included in this proposed trade. I kind of got the impression the discussion starts with Robles or Soto, but it doesn't stop there.

5 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

Is it just Robles for Realmuto? 1 for 1? if so the answer is no. plain and simple. The question for me is what else is included in this proposed trade. I kind of got the impression the discussion starts with Robles or Soto, but it doesn't stop there.

I think most have the same impression. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I think most have the same impression. 

Yeah package starts with them.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Yeah package starts with them.

What would need to be included to get it done? Keibloom? Romero? who else?

I don't care which one was better in Robles and Soto because I never want to deal JT,but I just wonder which one was better ?