• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

1 minute ago, Jokersgoon said:

Think we’re heading to the finish line 

We'll fall a yard short.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

We'll fall a yard short.

Eh, close enough, kick a field goal.

Just now, Michael said:

Eh, close enough, kick a field goal.

A yard short? I'd try a QB sneak.

Really don’t think the Mets have anything good to offer. Nimmo would be the better player over Conforto. Rosario has been okay. Still think the Braves or Astros would give us the best deal. 

The Marlins honestly shouldn’t worry about dealing within their division. Their in a rebuild and their still about 3 years away or so. Worry about getting the best deal. Mets are going for it all and their destined to fall flat on their face. Their best guy is Alonso? If we deal with them then yeah I agree it needs to be McNeil, Nimmo, with a close to MLB ready prospect pitcher. 

6 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Really don’t think the Mets have anything good to offer. Nimmo would be the better player over Conforto. Rosario has been okay. Still think the Braves or Astros would give us the best deal. 

The Marlins honestly shouldn’t worry about dealing within their division. Their in a rebuild and their still about 3 years away or so. Worry about getting the best deal. Mets are going for it all and their destined to fall flat on their face. Their best guy is Alonso? If we deal with them then yeah I agree it needs to be McNeil, Nimmo, with a close to MLB ready prospect pitcher. 

Completely agree. Worried about all the bats in these rumored packages. I’m fine with Nimmo/Alonso, but are we really about to go through an entire rebuild without getting a frontline SP? Isn’t that why we did this in the first place?

Edited by marlins_09 (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, fish20 said:

Give me Giminez or Rosario, Alonso, and then maybe mcneil for JT and Conley or Straily.  That actually seems like a really solid deal for us and fills a bunch of long term needs

And even if this pans out, we are right back to where we were in 2016. No SP depth and one Wei-Yen Chen FA deal from a rebuild 

50 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You keep missing the point here. Realmuto doesn't wanna be here. The money that it would take to convince him to sign here would be a tremendous waste of money that would screw us over down the line. So since everything I just said is true it is absolutely best that we trade him for a massive haul including top prospects. Nobody here would rather have the prospects than to just keep Realmuto longterm. But he doesnt wanna be here so prospects is the way to go.

I got the point from the beginning, but what to do if nobody willing to match our asking price in the end ? never said it's impossible to happen, so if you're not willing to settle on the lower return then "overpaid" to sign him would be your only choice, right ?

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I got the point from the beginning, but what to do if nobody willing to match our asking price in the end ? never said it's impossible to happen, so if you're not willing to settle on the lower return then "overpaid" to sign him would be your only choice, right ?

Overpaying players and handing out bad contracts is a moronic way to run a team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

You choose the option that offers you the most value. At this point, the value is with youth & cheap contracts. Thus, simply taking the best offer on the table (very little faith they choose the correct pieces) and continue to look forward