• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

This Mets trade seems like them tossing a bunch of good players to us in lieu of any great ones or potentially great ones. Quality over quantity please 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, B1az3 said:

Yes, we have no interest in the better outfielder. That would ruin the plan of completely sucking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I got the point from the beginning, but what to do if nobody willing to match our asking price in the end ? never said it's impossible to happen, so if you're not willing to settle on the lower return then "overpaid" to sign him would be your only choice, right ?

No then you just let him walk after 2020. There are 3 options here, not 2. Trade him for the best possible return, sign him to an extension, or do neither and he leaves in 2020. If we can't get the trade return we want that doesn't mean we are forced to keep him past 2020. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's fucked up but I'm gonna go ahead and say this... I hope Realmuto gets traded to the Mets and then signs an extension there and then I hope the Mets fall apart and have to rebuild while JT is still there. 

Agreed this would be stellar. 

But the dream scenario is JT wins the 2019 NL MVP.