• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

47 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Comparing apples to oranges.

Huh? I think he's saying Realmuto should easily be able to lure in a better return than Goldy because of his age, position, and the extra service year remaining. Am I reading it wrong?

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Huh? I think he's saying Realmuto should easily be able to lure in a better return than Goldy because of his age, position, and the extra service year remaining. Am I reading it wrong?

This

17 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

This

Looks like most of the Twitter commenting people are reading it wrong too. They're saying that the Marlins will get less for Realmuto than what Arizona got for Goldy just because Goldy is a better hitter.

People don't seem to understand Sherman's point that JT has more value.

This is actually a great lesson on how trades work. Trade value doesn't just come from player talent alone. Stanton > Goldy > Realmuto but in terms of trade value the order is reversed. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Smart people everywhere.

The Marlins will be the laughing stock of baseball until they make the playoffs again.  And justifiably so.  It’s been 15 years of incompetence. 

That narrative doesnt change just because we signed Victor Victor Mesa.  Making the playoffs changes the narrative.  It will take a minimum of 3-4 years for new ownership to change the perception of this franchise.  

People on this board need to stop being surprised/frustrated that the Marlins are viewed as a clown team. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

He uses that as a joke, but I’d be more than happy to double down on their prospects by simply giving them back the guy they had in the first place 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Keep JT ?

I don't want to see him go.  I understand the business side though, and it may be best for the future to trade him for several prospects.  If we do, we need to clean out somebody's farm system.  

I'm at peace with it either way.