• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Realmuto updates and rumors

14 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Well, no Tucker…

These guys don’t have sources. They are just coming out with their own ideas and proposals. 

4 hours ago, hovertical said:

i get concerned when someone says the Marlins will get what they "want" because Hill hasn't always made the most astute trades. 

Samson said a few months back Loria would look at a Baseball Digest Magazine and demand certain prospects. He wouldn't take anyones opinions into consideration.

He'd justify a deal by how many top 100 guys we got, and would trade guys because they werent top 100 in other words.

I'm starting to give Hill more benefit of the doubt. From Samson's comments, Hill and Samson were Loria's puppets and just kept their jobs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piazza31 said:

I'm starting to give Hill more benefit of the doubt. From Samson's comments, Hill and Samson were Loria's puppets and just kept their jobs.

Some people had said this for years. Loria seemed too controlling and it turns out he was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piazza31 said:

Hill actually looks and sounds more confident when he speaks these days... like he knows what he's doing and what he's talking about as opposed to being forced to just follow whatever stupid lead Loria gave him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Some people had said this for years. Loria seemed too controlling and it turns out he was.

Even though Jeter is very public with his appearances and seems very hands on, anyone else feel like he's pretty hands off when it comes to the direct GM stuff? It really sounds like Hill is the one running baseball operations and Jeter just oversees and ok's stuff. 

In his interview Trey Hillman said he has dealt only with Mike Hill and still hasn't met or even spoken to Jeter. That seems very un-Loria like to me.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It really sounds like Hill is the one running baseball operations and Jeter just oversees and ok's stuff. 

I think this is exactly what goes on. Jeter gets final say but he lets Hill put together the moves. He just signs off on them.