Max Meyer likely to be included in player pool

Seriously we could have an insane bullpen for 2020. Sixto, Meyer, Ed Cabrera, Guzman, Rogers, etc. Vesia!

Whichever starters are close, make them relievers for the short season.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

I'm not sure if service time counts if he's simply on the player pool.

I was going on Frisaro's post that said he could be part of the 2020 team.  Which would be stupid.

MAYBE if we're somehow in contention and he can help push us into a race, but otherwise definitely not.

29 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I was going on Frisaro's post that said he could be part of the 2020 team.  Which would be stupid.

MAYBE if we're somehow in contention and he can help push us into a race, but otherwise definitely not.

If he's in the player pool it's because they would be ok with calling him up in 2020. They won't waste player pool spots on guys with no chance of being on the 2020 team. With that said hopefully you're right and they save him for if we actually need him. Putting him on the Opening Day roster would be incredibly stupid. 

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That's dumb.  Why waste a year of control on this year?

Very dumb. 

Wasting a year of club control on Sixto, Meyer, JJ, Jazz, Cabrera etc during a season where we have, what, the 2nd most difficult schedule in MLB seems very reckless.  

I guess if the Marlins start the season 12-3, ok, go for it?  But beyond that, no.  

6 hours ago, DTrain said:

Very dumb. 

Wasting a year of club control on Sixto, Meyer, JJ, Jazz, Cabrera etc during a season where we have, what, the 2nd most difficult schedule in MLB seems very reckless.  

I guess if the Marlins start the season 12-3, ok, go for it?  But beyond that, no.  

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Remember, the shitty service time rules still apply, so if they're called up after 7 games, we get an extra year of club control for them all. So ... 

41 minutes ago, Michael said:

Remember, the shitty service time rules still apply, so if they're called up after 7 games, we get an extra year of club control for them all. So ... 

Hm, I guess that's true.