Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

35 minutes ago, DTrain said:

What will the cheapest single game ticket cost in 2019?  $10?

As of right now, that looks like it. I definitely want to try out the SRO for at least one game or two next year. One locked in game is the Throwback series.

19 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

One locked in game is the Throwback series.

They have yet to confirm this is happening.

I think the 305 menu should be expanded to every concession stand. However, I am loving most of the changes to the ballpark. I can’t wait to go to Marlins Park in 2019. 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:34 AM, SonOfJack said:

"Attendance sucks so why try and improve it in any way?"

What a defeatist attitude.

Are you new to being a fan of this team?

This ownership has made it pretty clear they are not interested in fielding a competitive product. Almost every position on the team needs help and it certainly appears like they are going to try and throw all of the younger unproven, and unready guys into the fire way too soon rather than pay MLB level salaries.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

They have yet to confirm this is happening.

Remember, last year was the 25th anniversary too, so another reason throwbacks may not happen this year.

15 hours ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

I think the 305 menu should be expanded to every concession stand. However, I am loving most of the changes to the ballpark. I can’t wait to go to Marlins Park in 2019. 

I think the reality is it'll be just like it is now.  There will be 2 "305" concessions at 2 sections (whatever they were) that have the specific menu items they mentioned in that announcement, and then the other concessions will use that pricing as a baseline.  Meaning all concessions would have the same $3 soda, popcorn, water, etc. (if they served the item there), while only the 305 concessions would have the pork tacos, etc. 

In other words, it sounds like the 305 menu/concession is replacing those "ballpark snack" windows.  (That's not the name of what was there, but I can't remember the official name - they were the ones that had just the snack type foods - popcorn, pretzels, etc., not actual food like burgers or bbq sandwiches.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?)  Those windows had the same pricing as other windows, but just specialized in the snack foods so you could go to them if you just wanted snacks as opposed to waiting in the burger line to get a popcorn.  So now, those windows would have the new 305 menu in its entirety there, while other stands would still serve some of the 305 menus (at the same 305 price), but not all of it.  At least, that's what makes sense to me.

10 hours ago, FutureGM said:

Are you new to being a fan of this team?

This ownership has made it pretty clear they are not interested in fielding a competitive product. Almost every position on the team needs help and it certainly appears like they are going to try and throw all of the younger unproven, and unready guys into the fire way too soon rather than pay MLB level salaries.

I'm sorry, this is a stupid comment.

Obviously they're in a rebuilding mode (along with half the league) - obviously they're not going to be overly competitive while they rebuild, just like every other rebuilding team.  That doesn't mean they're not interested in fielding a competitive team.  They need to let the kids play to see what they've got.  And I don't say that as a team apologist or worshiping at the Jeter altar; I don't like all of the moves they've made (or not made), but you have to look at what's going on with a sense of realism, and realizing what they're trying to do.  If it doesn't start to show promise in the next year or two, yeah, grab the pitchforks, but you have to give them a grace period while they work on the "build" as Jeter likes to phrase it.

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 12:09 PM, CYmarlins said:

As of right now, that looks like it. I definitely want to try out the SRO for at least one game or two next year. One locked in game is the Throwback series.

$10 is too much for a SRO ticket in 2019.  2021 I can get on board with but SRO’s should be $6 or $7 for 2019.  

1 minute ago, DTrain said:

$10 is too much for a SRO ticket in 2019.  2021 I can get on board with but SRO’s should be $6 or $7 for 2019.  

Just a thought... maybe they didnt wanna start low and raise the price in two years and then look extra greedy. Maybe they thought starting at 10 and keeping it consistent was a better approach? It's only a few bucks but if they start at $7 and then raise the price when they're contending people will be like ugh they're raising the prices now that people are going to the games blah blah. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Plain old gray concrete?  How exciting.

(Disclaimer, the floor color transitions were something I really liked about the park)

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)