• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

11 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Does this really count as a public installation?  I’m sure there is a statutory definition but I would think that since you have to buy a ticket to see it then it doesn’t really count as public.  In a sense it’s more like a museum and the museum decided to relocate the art.  

I agree. If anything, NOW it will be a public thing since you can see it without a ticket.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree. If anything, NOW it will be a public thing since you can see it without a ticket.

The whole public space definition is relevant to Melreese too.  That course is called public space by golfers even though you have to pay to use it.  The soccer stadium actually creates more open and free of charge space than the course offers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

Does this really count as a public installation?  I’m sure there is a statutory definition but I would think that since you have to buy a ticket to see it then it doesn’t really count as public.  In a sense it’s more like a museum and the museum decided to relocate the art.  

That's exactly the point Jeter used to convince the county to let them move it and I think it does make sense.

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Why does it seem like most of the national audience mocked that thing for years and only started to defend it when Jeter began talks to move it?

Yeah, it's odd.

I, for one, never had a problem with it.  Yeah, it certainly is/was odd, but it was certainly unique, and gave the park some character.  Now, we have a big hole in the ground.  Obviously that picture is just with it removed, and doesn't have the new setup, but I have a feeling it won't be integrated into the Budweiser area like someone said, and will just be a few tiers of platforms with people on it, though I guess they will need to make some changes in order to get access to that area.

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)

17 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Giant Yankees logo going to come up there on home runs now?

makeup your mind is it a Giants or Yankees ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Why does it seem like most of the national audience mocked that thing for years and only started to defend it when Jeter began talks to move it?

Because that’s exactly what happened.

• Like 2

Breaking news....

In a bid to attract more Cuban fans, the Marlins announced the home run sculpture will be replaced by giant dominoes

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Breaking news....

In a bid to attract more Cuban fans, the Marlins announced the home run sculpture will be replaced by giant dominoes

They could get Dominos Pizza to sponsor the ballpark.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They could get Dominos Pizza to sponsor the ballpark.

We laugh, but it's not a crazy idea.  They do need another pizza sponsor/company after cutting ties with Papa John's.

• Like 1