Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

You know I meant the team will look nice, too. Gosh, Jackson.

I don't care how the players look, I just want them to play well. Weird reason to be a fan.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I don't care how the players look, I just want them to play well. Weird reason to be a fan.

I'm literally only a fan if the team looks nice, well-groomed [or clean-shaven], and with firm buttocks.

• Laugh 2

I don't understand why they are bothering with a SRO section in a stadium they can never fill. At least when I did it in 2002 at PacBell for the Giants, it was because everything else was sold out.

25 minutes ago, FutureGM said:

I don't understand why they are bothering with a SRO section in a stadium they can never fill. At least when I did it in 2002 at PacBell for the Giants, it was because everything else was sold out.

Because the intention is to get it filled consistently in the coming years.

38 minutes ago, FutureGM said:

Cheap tickets to target a younger audience, it doesn't have to be sold out for a couple college guys to say "Hey let's get those SRO tickets and have a few beers at the game tonight." I think it's a great idea regardless of attendance factors. 

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

"Attendance sucks so why try and improve it in any way?"

What a defeatist attitude.

Exactly. We lost 98 games last season, why should the front office try to make the team better?!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FutureGM said:

As has been pointed out - cheaper tickets in theory means more people will consider coming to a game.  Plus, that's X number of fewer seats to fill.